An Old School Catholic Message Board

Moderator Announcement

Lil Red

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321666330' post='2338109']
Also, the more that people know about a person, the more they think they can judge that person. I can't tell you the number of nasty emails I have had about my many attempts at religious life. If I had never posted my stories along the way, who would know how hard I have tried, and the many times I have been unsuccessful? I just delete them and move on, but it is a shame that one can't share their story in the hope of being of some support to others without such feedback.
[/quote]

It is a shame that you've had to put up with the nasty emails. I know that when I post about my experiences, it is for two reasons. a) to share my experiences with others that may be able to learn from my experiences and b) to share these same experiences with others that may understand where I'm coming from.

I think we all need to remember that our actions will be judged come the day that we are before the Lord. Our lack of charity, lack of understanding, lack of love, lack of action, lack of generosity etc.

I know I'm not perfect either ... and may have said something out of line. I've tried though to be prudent in my postings on purpose.

Finally it takes walking a few steps in another shoes to get some sense of where another is coming from. And you'll never 100% get it. Unless you've walked 100% in their shoes; which is impossible.

Praying that all of us become more Christ like in our speech/writing, and in our love for one another.

Nunsense, I'm sorry to hear that you've had e-mails about your various attempts at religious life. I used to know someone who was sure that she was called to be a cloistered nun, and she spent years searching for the perfect community - Latin Mass, full habit, all the old customs. She was quite dismissive (even aggressive in tone) when she spoke of the monasteries that didn't meet these requirements, and as the years passed I started to want to shake her and tell her that she was window-shopping, not really searching.

I resisted that temptation - and I'm so glad I did, because God is concerned with how well I try to put my own life in order, and not how well I would run other people's if I had that job. Which I don't. It's nothing to do with me. I am also not responsible for another person's mistakes (if they even are mistakes - how can I tell, from the outside?) but I am responsible for my own unkind comments. I try to remind myself of this even when I'm 100% certain that another person is in the wrong. If something isn't kind, it isn't true, and I shouldn't be saying it. If someone does give out too much information on here, readers have a responsibility to respond with tact and courtesy.