An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Monk When ...

Starets

I am going to be packing up the computer later today so this is my going away present to VS

You know you are a monk or nun when ....

1. You get up at 5 before 4AM and give yourself heck for sleeping in
2. You tell time by how close you are to the next canonical hour
3. you know what a canonical hour is
4. "Staying up late" means still being awake at 9PM
5. You know what day it is in the liturgical calendar but don't always know what day of the month or day of the week it is
6. You party like its 999
7. You don't think its wierd that you have friends and coworkers with names like Tarcisius, Evagrius, Barsanophilus, Petroc, Cadfael, Cyneburga, Cunegunda, Mechtilde, Hildegarde and Quithera
8. You see a man in a brown bathrobe and wonder what kind of Franciscan he is
9. You see a lady in muslim clothing such as a hijab and wonder what Order she is in
10. You can carry out long conversations in gregorian or other chant tones without batting an eye

feel free to add your own items :)
:monk:

Edited by Staretz

Godspeed, Staretz!!!!

Please take it in the right way that we hope we NEVER hear from you until we meet in Heaven -- because that will mean all worked out well for you.

If you can get a message passed on to us from time to time (professions,etc.) please keep us informed.

All the blessings in the world to you and BOTH communities.

"4. "Staying up late" means still being awake at 9PM"

That also might mean you're past 60 and are over-tired from working at the church all day! :bounce:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1323193140' post='2345557']
I am going to be packing up the computer later today so this is my going away present to VS

You know you are a monk or nun when ....

1. You get up at 5 before 4AM and give yourself heck for sleeping in
2. You tell time by how close you are to the next canonical hour
3. you know what a canonical hour is
4. "Staying up late" means still being awake at 9PM
5. You know what day it is in the liturgical calendar but don't always know what day of the month or day of the week it is
6. You party like its 999
7. You don't think its wierd that you have friends and coworkers with names like Tarcisius, Evagrius, Barsanophilus, Petroc, Cadfael, Cyneburga, Cunegunda, Mechtilde, Hildegarde and Quithera
8. You see a man in a brown bathrobe and wonder what kind of Franciscan he is
9. You see a lady in muslim clothing such as a hijab and wonder what Order she is in
10. You can carry out long conversations in gregorian or other chant tones without batting an eye

feel free to add your own items :)
:monk:
[/quote]

I love number 4. that also the case for a college student--last night I was up at 10:30 and once someone said it, I left for bed. Now I regret staying up that extra 1.5 hours! :)