An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dream Community

Little Flower

Little Flower

Would play hockey and ultimate frisbee and football. And we would still pray a lot. And we would wear full habits that look nice :) And the monastery would look very monaster-like and very pretty (not just like a random house) And there would be lots of other young nuns who want to play sports with me. And I like the studying charism or whatever its called so we would do that. I haven't decided if my dream community would pray the midnight DO cuz that would be hard but it would be razzle dazzle.

WHAT ABOUT YOU!?!??!?!??!?!

My dream community would allow me to continue with my embroidery and ideally find some way to use it in the work of the community. I've got a skill, I might as well use it!
Definitely would have a full habit, I can't imagine becoming a nun and not having a habit!
I'd also love it if the community did a lot of singing, I really enjoy singing (I'm not great at it though) so that would be nice.

FutureSister2009

My dream community would do children's Biblical theatre and Saints stories. But still have active prayer life. And a lot of singing is essential too. Plus the full habit is necessary

Little Flower

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1323202901' post='2345697']
My dream community would do children's Biblical theatre and Saints stories. But still have active prayer life. And a lot of singing is essential too. Plus the full habit is necessary
[/quote]
would your dream community watch Veggie Tales? MINE WOULD!!!!!!!!!! jk lol ;)

FutureSister2009

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1323206834' post='2345740']
would your dream community watch Veggie Tales? MINE WOULD!!!!!!!!!! jk lol ;)
[/quote]

Well we would turn it on for the children! I love Veggie Tales too much and I'm 20

Not to put a pox on this thread, but.... Did you ever stop to think your dream community exists in your dreams only?! I don't think there is ever a truly perfect community for anyone as we can always find fault with small as well as large things. People become annoying at times as well as practices, customs, etc. I think the best one can do when discerning is to follow where God is leading you, get to know the nuns/sisters VERY well - talk to/with them, pray with them, work with them, live with them, sing with them. Sometimes the little question mark goes off in your head when you see/hear/experience something that just doesn't feel "right." Other times, the light bulb will go off in an "aha" moment as well. If you dwell or focus on your dream community too much, you just may pass by the community God has chose for you.

To be honest, I don't have a "dream" community. The only thing I look for (that really matters) is that they are 100% faithful to Papa Benedict XVI and the Magisterium. I am not into wishy-washy communities one iota. Sure, there are a lot of things that are nice to have, but I would only go where the Holy Spirit sent me. I'm not saying that to be prideful, either. I'm sure this is just a fun thread, but I honestly cannot think of anything. :)

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1323200553' post='2345670']
Would play hockey and ultimate frisbee and football. And we would still pray a lot. And we would wear full habits that look nice :) And the monastery would look very monaster-like and very pretty (not just like a random house) And there would be lots of other young nuns who want to play sports with me. And I like the studying charism or whatever its called so we would do that. I haven't decided if my dream community would pray the midnight DO cuz that would be hard but it would be razzle dazzle.

[/quote]

Sounds an awful lot like the Nashville Dominicans to me.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1323226939' post='2346100']
The one God calls me too :)
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! :) At first I was gonig to say 'the one I am discerning with' but then I realised it won't be the perfect one unless and until God calls me to enter with them and live the life faithfully.

I do have certain attributes that I look for in a community from a very practical standpoint but these aren't 'dreams', these are reality. For example, my 'reality community' will allow women my age! :) Not much point to dream about a community that won't accept me!

Anyway, your post says it all for me. To find the community where God has already prepared a place for me - that is my 'dream'.
:love:

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1323227600' post='2346116']

I was thinking the same thing! :) At first I was gonig to say 'the one I am discerning with' but then I realised it won't be the perfect one unless and until God calls me to enter with them and live the life faithfully.

I do have certain attributes that I look for in a community from a very practical standpoint but these aren't 'dreams', these are reality. For example, my 'reality community' will allow women my age! :) Not much point to dream about a community that won't accept me!

Anyway, your post says it all for me. To find the community where God has already prepared a place for me - that is my 'dream'.
:love:
[/quote]

Definitely,
When I was first introduced to nuns I had a thought about what sort of church I would want to be in if I became a nun, what sort of habit would look nicest on me (hey don't judge I was like 9 when I first looked at nuns and I was not even discerning!).

But when I started discerning I looked deeper into myself, I knew that I really did not care about those things, as long as I rested in the heart of Jesus. And I truly believe to this day that as long as I am fulfilling his will, it will not matter what I do at recreation or if the church looked like a replica of the cathedral in Chile. As long as I am in union with God.

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1323200553' post='2345670']

[/quote]

You need to come to Camp Veritas! You would love it!

[b] Serious Part:[/b]

My dream order would wear habits that are dark green with white veils and brown rosaries. We would go to Mass everyday, not be transferred, be able to pick the Sisters that we like to be with us and our "mission" would be to help anyone who is elderly who's poor materially, but especially spiritually. We would pray our Rosary's everyday, have adoration, and have at least two-three hours of time to pray to the Lord. We would all try to grow into close union with the Lord and each other too!

[b]Fun Part:[/b]

We would be able to play lot's of game like apples to apples, monopoly, clue and we would all play volleyball and ice skate in free time.

[b] Who wants to join!?! [/b]

Edited by i<3LSOP

i<3franciscans

My dream community is the one that God has dreamed for me. :love:

But it would be pretty razzle dazzle if we could live in castles and climb rock walls. :) And I would want friars within walking distance so that they could come and chant for my sisters and I during adoration. :P

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1323272957' post='2346463']
My dream community is the one that God has dreamed for me. :love:

But it would be pretty razzle dazzle if we could live in castles and climb rock walls. :) And I would want friars within walking distance so that they could come and chant for my sisters and I during adoration. :P
[/quote]

That would be fun! :love:

Edited by i<3LSOP