An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dream Community

Little Flower

MissScripture

My dream community will be the one created when I have a dozen kids with my hubby. ;) Or perhaps the one that is willing to take all my kids and educate them! :hehe2:

Little Flower

to quote EWIE, SHEESH! I WASN'T SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you seriously think I'm gonna rule out communities because they won't play hockey? im not sure any cloistered community would... Most of my "dream community" is just what I think would be fun, combined with what I feel God is calling me to. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be a cloistered nun. Any community that doesn't wear a habit raises some serious red flags for me, just because of what usually goes along with it. Also I don't see a reason [i]not[/i] to wear a habit, especially for a cloistered nun. And what I said about the charism of study, I truly feel drawn to that. It's not just a "that sounds razzle dazzle, lets do it!"

And would you say that girls should never be allowed to dream about the house they want to live in once they're married? I have no expectations of being able to actually enter a place like my "dream community". Having imagined a beautiful expansive mansion-like house doesn't ruin the small cramped house they wind up living in. They are happy there even though its not a castle. I know if I'm doing God's will I'll be happy wherever I enter, whether or not the monastery looks really razzle dazzle and nice and whether or not I have the fullest possible veil and habit.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1323513405' post='2348504']
My dream Community is one without Canadians. :x
[/quote]

I'm Sorry,
we can't help it if we are smart eh?
We created zippers and insulin..
God thanks us....

MarysLittleFlower

[quote name='savvy' timestamp='1323658557' post='2349532']

Okay. I guess I am really new. LOL.
[/quote]