An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Bride/groom...

Sarah147

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1323965568' post='2351678']

This is slightly off topic, but for those who are called to marriage ... having a "bedmate" to warm up your side of the bed for you while you're brushing your teeth and getting ready for bed is just *amesome*!
[/quote]
Most days, I find sharing a bed to be one of the sacrifices of marriage. Other days, though, going to bed with someone next to you is just great and cozy.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1323988726' post='2351825']

Most days, I find sharing a bed to be one of the sacrifices of marriage. Other days, though, going to bed with someone next to you is just great and cozy.
[/quote]

I just like getting into an already warm bed! :lol: I'm incredibly cold-natured. I guess an electric blanket could produce the same effect, though ;)

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1323988622' post='2351824']

On the contrary, I think anyone who doesn't have a strong pull towards marriage and family -- especially motherhood -- should reconsider their religious vocation! It's marriage to Jesus and motherhood to the world, and you have to have the exact same characteristics of someone who desires physical marriage to succeed in religious life.
[/quote]

I totally agree! I once heard Mother Angelica say that if you have an aversion to marriage and family, you should not become a nun because the whole world becomes your spiritual children.

On a different note, I truly believe that I am to stop discerning religious life because I have not been having any success and I've run out of options order-wise. I'm not attracted to any others. I'm completely fine with that. If the Holy Spirit wanted me to keep discerning, I'm sure He would give me another nudge, but it hasn't happened again, so I'm moving on to discerning other vocations. Hence the refocus on marriage. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

My wedding dress:

[img]http://www.dartheagle.com/eowyn_shieldmaiden.jpg[/img]

(In all white, of course)

And yes, I *know* how silly it is to think of such things when there is no guy in the picture, but it's hard not to daydream from time to time!

I have plenty of boy-names picked out for babies, but girl names would be a bit more difficult.

Edited by MithLuin

AccountDeleted

When I was a romantic young girl, I use to be in love with Superman (I wasn't raised Christian so this was the closest I could find to someone like Jesus in my secualr world :P ) and I would spend a long time writing out my name as Mrs Superman and Mrs Clark Kent :lol4: Forget women's lib - I really wanted to be a Mrs somebody! :)

I wonder if other young girls used to write out Mrs and then put in some guys name that they thought would be great as their future husband???? Or am I the only one??

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1324016060' post='2352084']
My wedding dress:

[img]http://www.dartheagle.com/eowyn_shieldmaiden.jpg[/img]

(In all white, of course)

And yes, I *know* how silly it is to think of such things when there is no guy in the picture, but it's hard not to daydream from time to time!

I have plenty of boy-names picked out for babies, but girl names would be a bit more difficult.
[/quote]

Nice bouquet. Looks a little intimidating though. But I love the dress!

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1324013443' post='2352047']

I totally agree! I once heard Mother Angelica say that if you have an aversion to marriage and family, you should not become a nun because the whole world becomes your spiritual children.

On a different note, I truly believe that I am to stop discerning religious life because I have not been having any success and I've run out of options order-wise. I'm not attracted to any others. I'm completely fine with that. If the Holy Spirit wanted me to keep discerning, I'm sure He would give me another nudge, but it hasn't happened again, so I'm moving on to discerning other vocations. Hence the refocus on marriage. :)
[/quote]

Which could make it even harder to discern if attracted to RL AND marriage. Whew!

That's a w esome you are discerning other vocations. It sounds like what the Lord is guiding... Consecrated virginity is beautiful, too, but I wonder how people discern that?

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1324028549' post='2352120']
I wonder if other young girls used to write out Mrs and then put in some guys name that they thought would be great as their future husband???? Or am I the only one??
[/quote]

I don't remember doing that so much, but boy my sister did! I found an old grade school notebook not too long ago with her name as "Mrs. Handful-of-different-guys" all over it! I asked her, "A little boy crazy back then, Laura?!" We had a good laugh!

One thing I DID do a lot, though, was make lists of my future children's names. I LOVE names - I had an old name book my mom used to name my brothers, and I would PORE through it, so much so that it was all tattered and ripped from use. So I had names picked out for all 50 of my kids - which would change as I got older and my tastes changed. Some of them were tried and true, though :)

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1324047750' post='2352253']

Which could make it even harder to discern if attracted to RL AND marriage. Whew!

That's a w esome you are discerning other vocations. It sounds like what the Lord is guiding... Consecrated virginity is beautiful, too, but I wonder how people discern that?
[/quote]

It's a vocation that is very new to me and I am still learning about it, but I believe the Bishop of your diocese has to approve it and you have to have a spiritual director (which is non-existent for me because there are none in my diocese). I'm not sure I'm called to it, either. It's a beautiful vocation, but I think I am more attracted to marriage than consecrated single life. But, I have a long time left to discern and I'm in no hurry. :)

:blush: I had bought a baby name book back in my teens; loved love songs; thought about what wedding songs I'd like; many crushes; a sucker for love stories... Either I'm great for religious life or destined for marriage, I think... :)

I loooooooove the movie Fireproof and cry everytime! My friend thinks I am a romantic because I love that movie and movies like it. And love songs. Edited by JoyfulLife

When you meet men in daily life with qualities of a good Catholic, and automatically think, "that's something I'd like in a spouse"...