An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Bride/groom...

Sarah147

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1324013443' post='2352047']

I totally agree! I once heard Mother Angelica say that if you have an aversion to marriage and family, you should not become a nun because the whole world becomes your spiritual children.

On a different note, I truly believe that I am to stop discerning religious life because I have not been having any success and I've run out of options order-wise. I'm not attracted to any others. I'm completely fine with that. If the Holy Spirit wanted me to keep discerning, I'm sure He would give me another nudge, but it hasn't happened again, so I'm moving on to discerning other vocations. Hence the refocus on marriage. :)
[/quote]

I was in Mother Angelica's community for a year. I stopped discerning RL when I had the same experience - no other community was as attractive to me or felt like "home." Were they beautiful and did I enjoy visiting? Yes. Were they home? No. That's when I decided to start dating and see where that led.

The Archdiocese of Milwaukee has several consecrated virgins. I don't know any personally, but the Archbishop celebrated a Mass for them at the seminary this past week. If you are called to CV, I think it's a beautiful vocation. The Arch here also has a consecrated program for widows as well. Perhaps going forward in the next few years we'll see an increase in CV's in the U.S.

...When you realize that you serve God more effectively with a man than you ever could alone.

...When you start thinking about godparents.

...When the thought of motherhood both thrills you and makes you feel like crying.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1324154200' post='2352873']
...When you realize that you serve God more effectively with a man than you ever could alone.

[/quote]

:clapping:

When you see married couples that have been together for ages and are so happy and know eachother perfectly. And you dream of having that kind of marriage one day....

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1324159958' post='2352892']
I have baby names picked out already too. I have more boy than girl names though. hahahahaha
[/quote]

That's funny! I'm the opposite; I have more girl names :)

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1324175219' post='2353005']
I have more boy names picked out than girl names :|
[/quote]
Same. While girl names are beautiful, boy names just come to me much easier. I LOVE Old Testament boys' names (and girls' for that matter). Rebekah, Isaac, Jeremiah, Anna, Miriam, Corban, David, Isaiah, Jacob... I just LOVE them. Reading scripture was like reading a baby name book for me.

ireallylovejesus

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1324044995' post='2352226']

Nice bouquet. Looks a little intimidating though. But I love the dress!
[/quote]

Hihihi I love this. This is gonna be an option for me. :hehe2:

i<3franciscans

I have loved reading your response to this thread and I want to add something, but honestly I can never think of a thing! :P

Maybe when you dream you are married and really in love with that person.

Maybe when you've dreamed you give birth or have children.

Maybe when you start to feel very drawn to the life you see very spiritual Catholic families living.

Maybe not when you get excited at receiving vocation materials from an Order.

I'm personally very drawn to religious life and marriage still, so I don't have a clear understanding of God's will for me yet. We'll see what these Orders think of my discernment and health issues.

Edited by JoyfulLife

RSM :sos: This seems fitting. :hehe: ....Or I'll end up married! hehe! Nah, I won't rush into marriage... but I sure hope I get to talk with these two VD's pretty soon and get an idea of God's path for my life. I have come to feel that I will be okay if they don't see a vocation in me, because I also feel drawn to marriage. God is doing something to me!

Edited by JoyfulLife