An Old School Catholic Message Board

Consecrated Life

~*AnCoRa33*~

~*AnCoRa33*~

Hey ya'll!! Have you heard of the Consecrated Lay Men and Women of the Regnum Christi movement? I'm only thirteen but I feel Christ calling me to Consecrate my whole life to Him. A consecrated member takes [u]promises[/u] of "Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience" and give their whole life to Christ!! They go where ever they are sent by Fr. Maciel and work with the RC and ECYD groups there. They are ALL OVER THE WORLD!! And they are AWESOME!!!!! My older sister is going to become conserated this summer!! I'm so excited!! WE all need your prayers though!!

Check it out: [url="http://www.regnumchristi.org"]Regnum Christi website[/url]

God bless ya'll

Ancora,

That's great to hear! Although I don't know to much about the movement, I did stay with the candidates for the Legionarries (sp) in Chesire Conneticut for about a week. They were a great group of holy young men. I have a friend that is planning on (or already has, I havn't gotten to talk to her since she left to their girls school in Rhode Island) becoming a consecrated. I, and I'm sure the other memebers as well, will keep you and your sister in our prayers!! Good luck with you discernment, may you recieve his abundant graces as you journey to follow him! God bless!!

Pax,
Tony

~*AnCoRa33*~

Tony-
What is her name? I was just up there for Easter and I might now her... :D could tell you a little about her... Oh yeah, that's AWESOME that you spent the week with the Candidates!!! Thank you SO much for your prayers!! I'm praying for ya'll to! God Bless!!

Rebecca B.

~*AnCoRa33*~

[font="Arial"]Reading some of your past posts, I realized... you're Tony Childers!!! I bet the girl you're talking about is (drumroll please :band:) Tricia B., right? I am her younger sister, Rebecca!!!! Wow, small world :globe:... Anyway, she is a candidate now (senior) and says she feels God calling her to be consecrated!! She prays for you everyday, Tony!!!! WOW!!! (Dang it, I just hung up with her, I can't talk to her for another week!) That's so weird... I have to go. Buhbye!! God Bless You!!

Rebecca[/font]

LOL oh my goodness, yes I'm talking about Patricia! Could you tell her I said hello! It really is a small world. I hope that everything is going well for both Trish and your family. I'll be sure to keep you both in my prayers! God bless.

Pax,
Tony

Hey Rebecca,

I girl who I knew entered Regnum Christi this year. Did you meet Alison when you were there?

Wow, I still can't believe the chances of that happening. I'm really glad to hear that she is doing well and feels that she is being called to the consecrated life! I'm keeping her in my prayers and you as well Rebecca! Oh, and welcome to Phatmass! God bless!

Pax,
Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
~*AnCoRa33*~

YKC!

OOPS!! I made a mistake in the first post... I'm not sure about Him calling me to Consecrate my life to Him, I am sure of Him calling me to the school in Rhode Island to discern what He wants of me!!

Pax Christi,
Rebok
<><

Guest JeffCR07

Hey everyone, I just joined Phatmass today, but I saw the post and I'm Regnum Christi as well. I'm so glad to find people who support the movement! I'll pray for your sister, and I'd love it if you all would keep my friend Claire in your prayers as well. She's going to become a co-worker for Regnum Christi (a co-worker feels called to serve for a year, or even 2 or 3 years, but doesn't feel like it is what the Lord is calling them to do for life).

• 1 month later...