An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown To The Retreat

Lil'Monster

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1327101477' post='2372285']
Where are you going (if you are ok with telling)?
YAY!
[/quote]

St. Cecilia's Abbey, on the Isle of Wight. It's a Benedictine community and I've been told by everyone that they're fantastic. They have a lot of young vocations, they just had a solemn profession from a woman who's 25 now, entered at 19.

Li'l M..... I am sure they will feed you. Probably OVERfeed you -- a much more common problem!

Don't take the Chocolate syrup... you'd have a lot of explaining to do to the TSA people if you have liquids in your luggage..... I know.... I accidently triggered the full body pat-down and personalized 'I am going to look in your luggage do you have anything to declare' routine from a very nice but VERY firm TSA guy.... all for a 1 cup SEALED plastic bottle of water that came a hotel.

I don't want to imagine how they would react to a bottle of chocolate syrup ....

Chocolate is always a good ice-breaker, tho'.....

Well.... don't I feel silly. :hehe2:

I guess you can take all the chocolate syrup you want.

I just realized... We don't have either chocolate NOR chicken emoticons, do we ..... Sad. :cry:

Edited by AnneLine

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1327212520' post='2373111']
:hehe2:

Man, I just can't fall asleep tonight. Too much excitement earlier.
[/quote]

Which retreat are you going on?

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1327189515' post='2372919']
Li'l M..... I am sure they will feed you. Probably OVERfeed you -- a much more common problem!

Don't take the Chocolate syrup... you'd have a lot of explaining to do to the TSA people if you have liquids in your luggage..... I know.... I accidently triggered the full body pat-down and personalized 'I am going to look in your luggage do you have anything to declare' routine from a very nice but VERY firm TSA guy.... all for a 1 cup SEALED plastic bottle of water that came a hotel.

I don't want to imagine how they would react to a bottle of chocolate syrup ....

Chocolate is always a good ice-breaker, tho'.....
[/quote]

Oh gosh that happened to me... I was taking a couple of jars of really nice plum jam to my nuns the last time I visited in July. I'd packed them first, right down at the bottom of my backpack and so totally forgot about them when we went through security. Of course they set the alarms off and this very stern security guy emptied out aaaaall my stuff in front of everyone, including my underwear which was just right there on the table so everyone could see :paperbag: And he confiscated the jam! I knew I was in the wrong but when I said he could at least keep them, he threw them straight in the bin! And it was good jam as well... :cry:

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327243642' post='2373183']
Oh gosh that happened to me... I was taking a couple of jars of really nice plum jam to my nuns the last time I visited in July. I'd packed them first, right down at the bottom of my backpack and so totally forgot about them when we went through security. Of course they set the alarms off and this very stern security guy emptied out aaaaall my stuff in front of everyone, including my underwear which was just right there on the table so everyone could see :paperbag: And he confiscated the jam! I knew I was in the wrong but when I said he could at least keep them, he threw them straight in the bin! And it was good jam as well... :cry:
[/quote]

people are soooo rude!

Guest hermanita

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1327271358' post='2373425']
I am dreading it....
[/quote] Please don't . They will love you. God and we :winner: aleady do and we're never wrong.

I will run from the nuns

I hope lisa will bring her camera so she can post pictures of me being whonked by the nuns :|

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1327279319' post='2373523']
I will run from the nuns

I hope lisa will bring her camera so she can post pictures of me being whonked by the nuns :|
[/quote]

I don't think nuns are allowed whonk anyone, not unless you're very badly behaved.