An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown To The Retreat

Lil'Monster

brandelynmarie

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1326813482' post='2370477']
Going to a silent retreat in 18 days :)
[/quote]
I :heart: silent retreats. Especially at mealtimes...I would :wave: & :) at people across the table & then take in a big sigh of relief. It was like, "Ok, Jesus, back to You now." :love:

My friends couldn't believe it when I told them because they claim I have such a gift of gab. But I told them, just because I am good at something, doesn't mean that I always want to be doing it. :hehe2:

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1327314790' post='2373686']
I :heart: silent retreats. Especially at mealtimes...I would :wave: & :) at people across the table & then take in a big sigh of relief. It was like, "Ok, Jesus, back to You now." :love:

My friends couldn't believe it when I told them because they claim I have such a gift of gab. But I told them, just because I am good at something, doesn't mean that I always want to be doing it. :hehe2:
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth.

Retreats in silence are the best. To be honest, any other sort just feels like a distraction. The opportunities of silence and being focused on God for days at a time are beyond words anyway. Lovers don't need to talk.

Strictlyinkblot

I like a balance, time for silence and time for speaking. I'm naturally a talker but then most contemplative nuns I've met are as well. And quite a few gigglers as well.

dominicansoul

...these retreats are nothing like the ones I went to with the DSMME.....

..but then again, I'm part of their ancient history :|

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1327432025' post='2374523']
I'm naturally a talker but then most contemplative nuns I've met are as well. And quite a few gigglers as well.
[/quote]

Yes, funny that isn't it?