An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Broke Daughters & Sons Of St. Dominic (Prayers For Debt Relief

brandelynmarie

Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar,
You brought the Infant Messiah gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. You were rich in worldly treasures and knowledge, but knew that the true gift was Jesus, the Christ child, made low in a manger. Help these discerners to turn their focus to loving Jesus more and more. You followed the star, trusting that you would see the king that was promised. In their search, bring them peace, understanding, and clarity. Pray for them, that they may receive money or gifts to help pay off their financial obstacles, but remind them each day to never forget that the true gift in their lives is Jesus, who was born that they might have eternal life, full of the riches of heaven.

Amen.

[img]http://www.illustrationartgallery.com/acatalog/McConnell3WiseLL.jpg[/img]

dominicansoul

st. cayetano, patron saint of gamblers, pray I win the Texas Lottery so I can help these pham pay off their debts and get into their various religious communities... (not to mention, I'd like a vacation in Rome...)

:amen:

brandelynmarie

[u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][b]Broke Daughters & Sons of St. Dominic[/b][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]brandelynmarie[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lil'Nun[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gemma_Kateri[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TheresaThoma[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Strictlyinkblot [/font][/color]
JessicaKoch
cmariadiaz
HopefulBride
MessorCarus
Divinemercy9999
EmilyAnn
she_who_is_not

Well if I belong to God and so does all of His creation then all is His including money, and He will provide. John of the Cross or Therese, or someone, has a poem that goes something like mine are the mountains mine are the seas because they have God. So if all belongs to God so does debt :)

brandelynmarie

[u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][b]Broke Daughters & Sons of St. Dominic[/b][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Strictlyinkblot [/font][/color]
JessicaKoch
cmariadiaz
HopefulBride
MessorCarus
Divinemercy9999
EmilyAnn
she_who_is_not

• 2 weeks later...
brandelynmarie

[b][size=3][img]http://home.earthlink.net/~mysticalrose/prague.jpg[/img][/size][/b]

[size=4][b]Novena to the Infant of Prague[/b]
[i]Say once an nour for nine hours on one single day[/i]

O Jesus, who has said ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I knock, I seek and I ask that my prayer may be granted.

[i](Mention your intentions here)[/i]

O Jesus, who has said all that you ask of the Father in My Name, He will will grant you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask Thy Father in Thy Name, that my prayer be granted.

O Jesus, who has said "Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but My word shall not pass", through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

[i](Mention your intentions here)[/i][/size]

Edited by brandelynmarie

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1326725367' post='2369937']
[b][size=3][img]http://home.earthlink.net/~mysticalrose/prague.jpg[/img][/size][/b]

[b]Novena to the Infant of Prague[/b]
[i]Say once an nour for nine hours on one single day[/i]

O Jesus, who has said ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I knock, I seek and I ask that my prayer may be granted.

O Jesus, who has said all that you ask of the Father in My Name, He will will grant you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask Thy Father in Thy Name, that my prayer be granted.

O Jesus, who has said "Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but My word shall not pass", through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

[/quote]

I love this novena, another name for it is the storm novena as we're storming heaven as we say it. I've suggestion for those of you on GMT time (or even if you're not). The Redemptorist nuns in Dublin have a webcam in their chapel so all the Divine Offices and mass (at 17:45 weekdays, a lot later than most monasteries but its so people in the community can join in on the way home from work) are broadcasted live. I listened to the mass today, it really was wonderful. Not quite the same as being there obviously but as I'm sick at the moment I have to stay indoors and wrapped up. www.rednuns.com

Edited by Strictlyinkblot

brandelynmarie

[u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][b]Broke Daughters & Sons of St. Dominic[/b][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

JessicaKoch
cmariadiaz
HopefulBride
MessorCarus
Divinemercy9999
EmilyAnn
she_who_is_not

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1326805462' post='2370452']
I'm going to make an on-line Holy Hour from 15:00 until 16:00 GMT using www.savior.org Would anyone care to join me? I know its an awkward time for anyone who's working, esp those of you on the other side of the ocean.

Any particular intentions you would like me to offer up? I'm going to concentrate on the broke children of St. Dominic and other online discerners here.
[/quote]

I know this is from a day or so ago, but I thought it was lovely to put it here, too. :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

St. Agnes, virgin and martyr, you had a beautiful love for Our Savior, keeping your purity for Him alone. Help those who wish to consecrate themselves to Jesus. Pray that they might eliminate their debts. While they are working to pay off their loans, and in religious life after they enter, we ask that they might imitate your purity, humility, and courage. St. Agnes and all holy men and women, pray for us.
[img]http://magnificat.ca/cal/gifs/0121.jpg[/img]

brandelynmarie

[img]http://www.americaneedsfatima.org/images/stories/01-articles/001-about-our-lady/00-2010-about-our-lady/1001-ol-success-victim-20th-century/1005-ol-success-novena-header.png[/img]
Hail Mary Most Holy, Beloved Daughter of God the Father , through the intercession of Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres, grant thy good success to this request (name request)...
[i]Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be... [/i]Saint Michael, pray for us.

Hail Mary Most Holy, Admirable Mother of God the Son , through the intercession of Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres, grant thy good success to this request (name request) ...
[i]Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be... [/i]Saint Gabriel, pray for us.

Hail Mary Most Holy, Most Faithful Spouse of the Holy Ghost, through the intercession of Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres, grant thy good success to this request (name request) ...
[i]Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be... [/i]Saint Raphael, pray for us. Amen.

[u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][b]Broke Daughters & Sons of St. Dominic[/b][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

JessicaKoch
cmariadiaz
HopefulBride
MessorCarus
Divinemercy9999
EmilyAnn
she_who_is_not