An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Know Something That You Dont Know

Lil'Monster

Guest hermanita

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327273927' post='2373470']
The usual thoughtful and learned discussions of course!
[/quote] Donnez mois une break!! :hehe2:

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327274115' post='2373476']
You've made a Carmelite friend, judging by your pic. Am I right?
[/quote]
Yes and no... Better.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1327274339' post='2373481']
Yes and no... Better.
[/quote]

Come on, you know you want to give it away. You can't give that many hints and then not tell.

Guest hermanita

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327274115' post='2373476']
You've made a Carmelite friend, judging by your pic. Am I right?
[/quote] Claire. is that you? You look so sweet.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Okay, everybody.

This morning I went and visited the Carmelites I have been discerning with. I went to Mass in the morning and afterwards had a two hour meeting with the NM who I have been talking to for around 6 months, maybe a little more or a little less, I don't feel like counting, lol. Anywho, it was the most amazing thing EVER. I have been worried for a while that when I visited I would find out I didn't love it as much as I thought. I was wrong, I loved it more. I miss it and I was only there for several hours. This was probably the most amazing thing I have done. I learned so much, and I realized that this Monastery totally suits me. Sister was fun, had a huge sense of humor and laughed exactly like I do. :) I love it so much. This sister totally understands what I am going through, she wanted to be a nun since she was in 2nd grade (same as me) and she became really focused on it when she was 14, and she entered an active order when she was 18 and then transfered to Carmel later on. She is amazing. End of story (mostly). There is so much to say, but alas, I am tired.

Strictlyinkblot

I'm glad you had such a good time and you've found encouragement. Hopefully you'll be able to go back for a visit again soon.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1327284156' post='2373569']
Okay, everybody.

This morning I went and visited the Carmelites I have been discerning with. I went to Mass in the morning and afterwards had a two hour meeting with the NM who I have been talking to for around 6 months, maybe a little more or a little less, I don't feel like counting, lol. Anywho, it was the most amazing thing EVER. I have been worried for a while that when I visited I would find out I didn't love it as much as I thought. I was wrong, I loved it more. I miss it and I was only there for several hours. This was probably the most amazing thing I have done. I learned so much, and I realized that this Monastery totally suits me. Sister was fun, had a huge sense of humor and laughed exactly like I do. :) I love it so much. This sister totally understands what I am going through, she wanted to be a nun since she was in 2nd grade (same as me) and she became really focused on it when she was 14, and she entered an active order when she was 18 and then transfered to Carmel later on. She is amazing. End of story (mostly). There is so much to say, but alas, I am tired.
[/quote]

That is so exciting Claire! I'm happy for you that you got to make a first little step - and it went well! So I guess you just stay in touch now, and visit when you can? Do they allow live-ins (I know entering is realistically a few years off but it might be helpful)?

Francis Clare...I think you need to lighten up...really!!! There is nothing wrong with having some fun, even among people who are trying their best to be holy and pious. Take it from someone who has been around for awhile, life will be a whole lot easier and more pleasant if you practice what you preach and let our Lord direct you, teach you and love you. Smile and enjoy...you'll find something worthwhile to read, despite the little jokings going on in this thread...God Bless You honey...

• 4 weeks later...

JMJT

I wish I would have read this earlier! What beautiful news. I am so happy that you fell in love with the place and I will definitely pray about your entry! (= Ah, the wait one has to go through when they already know what our Lord wants.. Will be praying for you! Did you also get to meet Mother?