An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Beautiful Sentence For Us Hopeless Romantics...

FutureCarmeliteClaire

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I listened to a priest speak and he was talking about marriage and finding a guy who will love, respect, and be truthful with you, but then at the end he threw something like this in there:

"But if, God-willing, you become a nun, you will have the peaceful bliss of knowing that you have the most perfect Spouse there could ever be, and He will treat you right, He will always tell you the truth, and He will love you forever."

Of course, I start crying and the rest of the time I was just a sobbing mess. I had a FCC and God moment, these always take me by surprise... :sad: :cry3: :love:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

possibly helpless but surely not hopeless :) I turned into a sobbing mess at the holy mass once and have had the occasional welling of the eyes and the odd tear drop. God bless you.

P.s. i have no calling to holy orders as yet, unsure if i'm alowed to post here but surely i am a wanna be priest too in the manner of saint pauls statement "to be priestly." Someone please tell me if i'm not supposed to post here and i won't.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

actually i properly read the title of the thread "contemplating religious life?" . That i am not, sorry for posting here, please forgive. Will not do it again.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

sorry last post, what i mean by this is helpless without the LORD but hopefull with the LORD. A hunger to draw closer to HE so to speak :)

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1327880028' post='2377206']
I listened to a priest speak and he was talking about marriage and finding a guy who will love, respect, and be truthful with you, but then at the end he threw something like this in there:

"But if, God-willing, you become a nun, you will have the peaceful bliss of knowing that you have the most perfect Spouse there could ever be, and He will treat you right, He will always tell you the truth, and He will love you forever."

Of course, I start crying and the rest of the time I was just a sobbing mess. I had a FCC and God moment, these always take me by surprise... :sad: :cry3: :love:
[/quote]

:cry: Man and Jesus, both sound wonderful! :smile2:

InPersonaChriste

Fortunately I know that I wont have to *find* a guy. If I am suppossed to enter a marriage here on earth, then the guy will find me.

But it is a beautiful sentence :D

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1327883785' post='2377235']
Fortunately I know that I wont have to *find* a guy. If I am suppossed to enter a marriage here on earth, then the guy will find me.

But it is a beautiful sentence :D
[/quote]
Well, yeah, but you know what I mean! Of course, the guy will find us.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1327885755' post='2377270']
What if the guy is waiting for the girl to find him?
[/quote]
Then we've got a problem. LOL. :P

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Gemma_Kateri' timestamp='1327888449' post='2377296']
Oh. My. Goodness. I can't wait to marry Jesus!
[/quote]
Me too!! :love:

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1327885755' post='2377270']
What if the guy is waiting for the girl to find him?
[/quote]

I was told by priests to come with an open heart but not to be chasing after young men if I wanted to get married. God arranges it in many ways, but being patient and trusting in him is the biggest part of *finding* that person.
Boy or Girl

I am reminded of the old adage that mothers used to give to daughters who were in love with someone: Chase him until he catches you.

Seems it could be applied to a religious situation as well.