An Old School Catholic Message Board

Talk With Sisters Yesterday

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1330303375' post='2393396']
Deus te Amat, I hope you didn't take my response as thinking your suggestion was wrong; I didn't mean it that way, I just like to see updates on discerners here, and feel like VS is anonymous enough (usually) for which they can feel free to post what they wish to share without feeling like they're cheapening the experience. That being said, as your suggestion wisely implied, it is always good to be reminded to "keep the secrets of the King" as St. Faustina suggested somewhere in her Diary. :)
[/quote]

Yes! I have so many emotions going on sometimes when it comes to religious stuff, hormones, and vocations that I need to get it out. I usually don't post on here though because I'm a young 'un and many say that it's just a figment of my imagination, and that doesn't help me at all so I have my journal and lilmon. I love reading other stories though because some of you feel the same way I do. :)

• 3 months later...
OnlySunshine

I have been having a test of patience here the last few months since first speaking to the Sisters. Yesterday, I thought, 'Enough is enough.' I decided I needed to find another way to make contact because it's been almost 4 months. So, I PM'ed one of the Sisters that I am friends with on Facebook and asked her if she knew of a better way. She spoke to the Provincial Superior and PM'ed me back with some phone numbers. I had already tried to email her and send her a regular letter (yes, they still exist, LOL). I'm planning to call her tomorrow. I need to think of what to say, but hopefully this will work out. :)

My pastor is away on a conference and won't be back 'til this weekend. I still don't know when he's going to have time to meet. It can be really frustrating...

MM -- if it is any consolation, it was quite difficult for me to communicate with the sisters in Argentina. I think we had sporatic communications up until I made my first visit.

Just be patient -- if it is where God wants you to be, His timing is perfect and all will work out. And if not, as a wise priest told me a few months ago:

God has 3 responses ... Yes, Not Yet, and "I have something better in mind". :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1339544258' post='2444101']
MM -- if it is any consolation, it was quite difficult for me to communicate with the sisters in Argentina. I think we had sporatic communications up until I made my first visit.

Just be patient -- if it is where God wants you to be, His timing is perfect and all will work out. And if not, as a wise priest told me a few months ago:

God has 3 responses ... Yes, Not Yet, and "I have something better in mind". :)
[/quote]

I was wondering if it was just because I wasn't trying hard enough. I can be very persistant but I don't want to be a pest. This is the first time I will be speaking to the Provincial Superior on the phone. The great thing is that we have already met in person so I won't be as nervous as I usually am with other Vocation Directors or Superiors. I think it will go well.

I believe that I am to go to school for at least this next semester since everything is in place for me to get financial aid. One of the questions I have for the Superior is if my major is acceptable to their apostolate -- Medical Office Administration. They do nursing and teaching but I was curious if they allow other health care fields. Of course, if I do enter there in the future, I could wind up doing something completely different and that's OK. I'm open to the Holy Spirit. I would enter to be a Sister not an Office Admin. ;)

Thanks for your advice, cmd. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1339553066' post='2444151']
Were you able to get your meeting worked out with your pastor?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, not yet. I'm not sure why it's taking so long other than he is too busy. He kept promising he'd meet with me and it just keeps getting pushed back later and later due to time constraints. I have been doing what he asked so that he can remember -- sending emails, leaving voice messages, etc. I don't want to make his life miserable, but the amount of time waiting is driving me nuts. I see him every Sunday and almost every Tuesday night and he still doesn't say anything. God is definitely testing me to make sure I have enough perseverance and patience. There for about 1 or 2 weeks I was ready to give up because I felt like I was getting nowhere. Now I just feel like this is a test I have to pass. [i][b]It will happen sooner or later.[/b][/i] :)

My friend gave me a beautiful quote to remember:

[i]Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD[/i]. -- Psalm 27:14

OnlySunshine

Well, I finally worked up the courage after praying for Our Lady's guidance. I called Sister just a few minutes ago and she was at the convent and we only got to talk for about 5 minutes because she is very busy. It was just really nice to hear her voice. She is so kind. It turns out that she was wondering why my pastor was taking so long to give me the information that she called him a few days ago as well and he apologized. He said he would take care of it. It may take a little more time because I just discovered that he will be leaving for the Motherhouse in Europe to watch the postulant that he met here get clothed in the habit! I was just wondering about her the other day and she's getting clothed!!! :woot:

I ask for prayers for the postulant. She is the first American to enter the order and I may be the second, God-willing. I am thrilled for her because she has had a long 2 years of postulancy and now she will have 2 years of novitiate before First Vows.

Also, please pray for me. I had no idea that Father was going out of town so it helps me understand the wait a little better. Hopefully, we will meet in July. Not too much longer now! :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Mater, I am glad this worked out this way. I think you did the right thing to call her... she probably was wondering what was going on!

Prayers for all of you, and for the unfolding of God's beautiful will..... and for your pastor to get some help!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1339703329' post='2444720']
Mater, I am glad this worked out this way. I think you did the right thing to call her... she probably was wondering what was going on!

Prayers for all of you, and for the unfolding of God's beautiful will..... and for your pastor to get some help!
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers, AnneLine. My pastor is a very busy man, especially since our other priest went overseas for the summer on a mission. I was hoping that my pastor would meet with me before the other priest left, but he didn't have time.

I really feel great now that I called her. I was so wonderful to touch base with her and know that she hasn't forgotten about me. :)

Strictlyinkblot

Oh prayers! I'm glad you got to talk to the sister. Its horrible waiting around for someone to get in contact, and your mind keeps dreaming up reasons why. Would you be entering in America or in Europe?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1339706471' post='2444741']
Oh prayers! I'm glad you got to talk to the sister. Its horrible waiting around for someone to get in contact, and your mind keeps dreaming up reasons why. Would you be entering in America or in Europe?
[/quote]

I'd be entering in the USA Province for I think the first 6 months and then they send you to the Motherhouse in Europe to receive your formation. They are trying to build a formation program here. I'm hoping the postulant comes back to the USA when she is finished with her novitiate. :)