An Old School Catholic Message Board

Talk With Sisters Yesterday

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329884950' post='2391008']
I got another surprise today! I had NO idea that the Sisters were in town and my pastor was trying to reach me but he realized he didn't have my phone number. Apparently, it was an impromtu visit because the other Sisters told me they would be back in a few months.

Anyway, my mom and I decided to get TacoBell for dinner tonight since we had a CRHP meeting and we took it to the Church parking lot and sat in the car to eat. We had just finished our meal when I spotted Father walking up the path towards the car with 2 habited Sisters from the same order! I excitedly told my mom, "The Sisters are here!!!" My jaw dropped and I realized that Father was bringing them over to the Church and spotted my mom and I right in his path since the parking space we were in was directly in front of the Church. He asked me if I would like to talk to the Sisters while he got the Eucharist ready for a sick call and I jumped right out of the car! LOL! We walked around while my mom stayed in the car. It turns out that one of the Sisters is the Superior for the order! They were only here for a day and are returning tomorrow.

We talked a little about my discernment and what I was interested in and then the Superior asked if I had any questions. I asked them more about their life and apostolate. I also asked them the most important question about their medical requirements because of my medication needs. Since both of them are nurses, they asked me questions about the medication and then said that as long as I was able to pass the psychological examination, they would allow me to try out the life. You can imagine my relief when they said this as it has been a big hindrance for me and quite a cross to bear in my discernment.

The best news of all is that my pastor wants to set me up with a psychological screener who also does the screening for the seminary candidates so that I can continue discerning with the order if I feel called!

I am so joyful right now! The reason I can really get excited about this without any doubts is that I did not initiate this process. I left it all in God's hands and asked Him to set whatever vocation He desired me to pursue in front of me. I am confident that He answered my prayer as I asked it only a week ago. I am just going along with each step that He takes ahead of me. The Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways! He is VERY quick, too! :)
[/quote]

Mater this is wonderful! What a great way to have the Lord call you to continued discernment! I hope you are able to visit the sisters in their motherhouse soon.

Pax!

Thank you all for your support. I'm trying to get an appointment to speak with my pastor about what to do next. I saw him in Mass tonight and got to talk to him afterward but he won't be available until next week. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to him. I don't know what the outcome will be of this interview tomorrow but, if it goes well, they might need me to start immediately for orientation. Please keep me in your prayers. I'm going to do my best at the interview tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm prepared and I have all my paperwork ready to go. :like:

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1329979894' post='2391648']
Prayers Mater for the interview and for being able to talk with your pastor. :amen:
[/quote]

Thanks, TheresaThoma. :blowkiss:

Mater, a suggestion for you. Not that I don't love your openness and willingness to share on here, but have you considered imitating Mary and "pondering all these things in [your] heart"? It might help you to focus on God's workings instead of possibly being influenced by the words of people here.

Please, don't take offense. I thought I would suggest it to you as a very wise person did to me. :)

May God bless you in this journey to Him!
DtA

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1330035934' post='2391883']
Mater, a suggestion for you. Not that I don't love your openness and willingness to share on here, but have you considered imitating Mary and "pondering all these things in [your] heart"? It might help you to focus on God's workings instead of possibly being influenced by the words of people here.

Please, don't take offense. I thought I would suggest it to you as a very wise person did to me. :)

May God bless you in this journey to Him!
DtA
[/quote]

I'm not sharing it with people I know in real life except for a select few. I don't really mind about the online thing because I don't really ask for advice here. I thought people might like to hear my good news. I am also keeping the religious order a secret on here -- not only because they are coming to my parish and are a small community, but because I want to keep the excitement to a minimum. I'm going about everyday life here. ;)

Haha. I apologize for my suggestion. It really was just a thought -- I enjoy following your journey, too.

Your devotion is beautiful, MM. Keep being immolated in His Sacred Heart. :)

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1330282010' post='2393246']
Haha. I apologize for my suggestion. It really was just a thought -- I enjoy following your journey, too.

Your devotion is beautiful, MM. Keep being immolated in His Sacred Heart. :)
[/quote]

And I appreciate your suggestion. It really is a good idea. However, I'm at that stage where I've become much more private in my personal life about my discernment, so I like to use this phorum as an outlet. ;)

Thank you for your compliment! God bless.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1330299354' post='2393371']
And I appreciate your suggestion. It really is a good idea. However, I'm at that stage where I've become much more private in my personal life about my discernment, so I like to use this phorum as an outlet. ;)

Thank you for your compliment! God bless.
[/quote]

I agree! I was wayyyy too out there about the SsEW. I was so caught up in the joy of the moment. :blush:

Deus te Amat, I hope you didn't take my response as thinking your suggestion was wrong; I didn't mean it that way, I just like to see updates on discerners here, and feel like VS is anonymous enough (usually) for which they can feel free to post what they wish to share without feeling like they're cheapening the experience. That being said, as your suggestion wisely implied, it is always good to be reminded to "keep the secrets of the King" as St. Faustina suggested somewhere in her Diary. :)