An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clare Clothing Coming Up Sunday!

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1333568194' post='2412994']
If for medical or other practical reasons a Poor Clare cannot go barefoot, she wears sandals. When they go outside, they wear sandals. Even when it's cold, they go barefoot inside all the time. I don't think they wear socks. I know monasteries that don't have AC, but none that I know of don't have heat.
[/quote]

Lafayette Carm just got AC. No heat. They JUST got a washing machine I believe. Stagnant water attract mosquitoes.

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333568482' post='2412999']
Lafayette Carm just got AC. No heat. They JUST got a washing machine I believe. Stagnant water attract mosquitoes.
[/quote]

I'm in northern Indiana, heat is necessary here whereas AC isn't so much. It makes sense that they would have AC in Louisiana and not heat. My school uniform when I lived in Louisiana didn't even include pantaloons for girls--shorts or jumpers/skirts were all we had :)

• 1 month later...
AveMariaPurissima

What lovely photos!!! Thank you so, so much for posting these! In case anyone's interested, Sr. Mary Angelique had a blog before she entered. Obviously she hasn't written anything on it since then, but she left it up for people to still be able to read it. I've read a lot of her posts and they have been a great source of inspiration for me. It makes me wish I actually knew her personally. (Well, I guess that just means that I'll have to pray for her (and she said she'd continue to pray for all her blog readers, so that means she's implicitly praying for me) so that one day we can meet each other in Heaven!)
Anyway, here's the link:
[url="http://seekingavocation.blogspot.com/"]http://seekingavocation.blogspot.com/[/url]

Pax_et bonum

This same community has an aspirant entering in one week from today! They also have another girl paying off her debts so she can enter. It's so amesome to see how many vocations this community is getting :nun:

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1333525306' post='2412783']
I don't know about that but I read in 'The Right to Be Merry' that nuns who were hairdressers and beauticians before they entered would use their skills to curl the hair of the 'Bride' so they could well have.
[/quote]

Wasn't that such a beautiful book? I laughed at the part you mentioned! :)

Strictlyinkblot

I love that book. It really helped my discernment, in between the giggles.

In just a couple of weeks, it will have been a year since Piccoli/FutureNun/Sr. Angela entered the Rockford Poor Clares!!!!!!! I wish there was some way to get a picture of her in the habit...