An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

Remember when you were a kid and the phone rang?  Everyone would run and fight to answer it. Now if the phone rings everyone doesn't move, to which the closest one to the phone has to answer it.

68655_458194097575770_529031021_n.jpg

homeschoolmom

Remember when you were a kid and the phone rang?  Everyone would run and fight to answer it. Now if the phone rings everyone doesn't move, to which the closest one to the phone has to answer it.

68655_458194097575770_529031021_n.jpg

haha... yeah... no one wants to answer it now. lol...

41NM2lM9iML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We often had to bring these types of dividing cards to school for various projects. I could never understand why there was always an "Mc" card. Why??? Mc gets its own card and XYZ have to share???

And, in keeping with other current events... Let's remember 1978-- the year of three popes.

three_popes.jpg

And, in keeping with other current events... Let's remember 1978-- the year of three popes.

three_popes.jpg

And for a few of us on the West Coast ... we also had the People's Temple and the Jonestown Massacre AND the murder of our mayor and a supervisor by a former supervisor. at various times during the school year....used the Office of the Dead a lot that year.....

Truly tested this CCD teacher's ability to explain things......  was glad I was there to do that, and was glad I was there for the kids, but it truly was quite the 5th grade CCD class....

homeschoolmom

All of these candy ones are great. I remember them all. When I was a kid and we went to my grandparents' house, I would spend most of my time walking to the corner convenience store to buy candy. (There wasn't a lot to do at their house...)

homeschoolmom

542126_457829290945584_1630172205_n.jpg

LOL! Yes!

During my freshman year of college, they were getting rid of the card catalog. My friend was pretty upset about it and wrote a disgruntled commentary in the "suggestion" notebook. He wanted the catalog if they were just going to get rid of it. Where does one put a college library card catalog in a dorm room??? I cannot imagine using one of those things now, though. (The little drawers are cute, though... if they didn't have the bar on the bottom for holding cards, I could see them as being very useful.) There's one in the background on the set of The Big Bang Theory. :hehe:

homeschoolmom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIh70IZua8

I forgot to comment on this. I LOVED watching TCBS! My bedtime was halfway through (8:30 in our timezone) and so I only got to watch the first half hour... in the living room. Then I would go to my room, slip out of bed and watch the other half hour from my bedroom floor. The tv was at the far end of the livingroom straight down the hall from my bedroom.

I forgot to comment on this. I LOVED watching TCBS! My bedtime was halfway through (8:30 in our timezone) and so I only got to watch the first half hour... in the living room. Then I would go to my room, slip out of bed and watch the other half hour from my bedroom floor. The tv was at the far end of the livingroom straight down the hall from my bedroom.

I have fond memories of the whole family gathering around Saturday nights to watch Mary Tyler, The Bob Newhart Show and The Carol Brunette Show.  

homeschoolmom

I have fond memories of the whole family gathering around Saturday nights to watch Mary Tyler, The Bob Newhart Show and The Carol Brunette Show.  

It was just my mom and me, but we loved those shows, too. Fun times, fun times... break out the popcorn popper and watch tv.