An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

I remember mom using this.

il_fullxfull.306595513.jpg

:hippie: rotfl I remember that ad!!!

My brother bought it and I copied it to cassette tape. A lot of great songs on it.

homeschoolmom

My brother bought it and I copied it to cassette tape. A lot of great songs on it.

Far out. I learned one line from a lot songs because of those ads....

homeschoolmom

ahahahaha....

Here's the mall I used to shop at and hang out in in junior high:

Daytons.jpg

I sooo remember walking zig-zag along the tiles when I was little. It had four anchor stores: Dayton's (later Marshal Fields then Macy's), Donaldson's (and later a bunch of different stores after Donaldson's closed), JC Penney's and Sears. The whole mall is closed now, with the exception of Sears and the bus transfer station. Sigh... It had been sort of a scary place the last decade or so...

homeschoolmom

You are old. :| We used to bike to Kmart and play Space Invaders on the Atari demo machines. The snack bar sold Icees... What a great way to kill a summer day!

The pinball machines do look more fun, though... :(

homeschoolmom

Okay, we've mentioned The Carol Burnett Show, undoubtedly the BEST of the variety shows of the 70s. But we haven't really hit on the rest of the shows: Sonny and Cher, Donny and Marie, Captain and Tennille, Flip Wilson, Tony Orlando and Dawn, etc. (okay, yes, Redd Foxx, too!) And I liked them as a genre, some more than others... But the absolute worst was, of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdudbEfF43I

What.the.heck????

Did they give *everyone* their own show???