An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

homeschoolmom

6205345196_773d2bebdc_z.jpg

How did these people get into my mom's wood-paneled basement??

For the record... that is just a picture I grabbed off the web. It's really not us.

homeschoolmom

I'm sure it's tough and saddening. God bless you.  You are a good daughter.

Thanks. I really appreciate you guys helping to keep this thread going. My head has been living in flashback for weeks!

Shag carpet is the grooviest!

It really is! Seriously, who would want hardwood floors when there's shag??

homeschoolmom

What a breakthrough in home security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny8-G8EoWOw

Check out that killer hi-fi stereo.  My favorite part is the old lady in bed.

LOL!!! Did you see the Chia Pet in that ad???

My dad gave my son a Chia Pet for his second birthday. True story. He's 14 now and it's still in its box in the garage... You know what? I never opened it! What if it's something else in a Chia Pet box!!!!

Nope. It's a Chia Dinosaur in a Chia Dinosaur box. (I must have opened it at some point.)

We should use it.

LOL!!! Did you see the Chia Pet in that ad???

My dad gave my son a Chia Pet for his second birthday. True story. He's 14 now and it's still in its box in the garage... You know what? I never opened it! What if it's something else in a Chia Pet box!!!!

Nope. It's a Chia Dinosaur in a Chia Dinosaur box. (I must have opened it at some point.)

We should use it.

Yes. That was my next post. and yes, definitely use it.

homeschoolmom

Maybe I'll grow it and give it to Mom as a housewarming gift!! She thought it was a pretty stupid gift for a two year old...

homeschoolmom

My brother had this game (he wouldn't let me play with it)... it was some sort of hockey game with rubber band bumpers and marbles... Gaah. I can see it in my mind, but we got rid of it many years ago.

We also had (and just got rid of) a miniature pool table. My mom was sad that we didn't play with it more. How could we play with it when it was back in the corner of the playroom with stuff stacked on it??

Confession time: I wonder to myself if all of these things think it's weird that they've been in one place for so long and now they are all being tossed, sold, given away or moved... I asked my daughter if they wondered what's going on. She, being the teenager that she is said, "Mom, they're inanimate objects-- they don't think anything." Yes, I know. I know...

homeschoolmom

Perhaps you've seen Toy Story too many times.

Toys do not have feelings.

I'm sure that's it. TS3 makes me cry... :sad: