An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

Srsly. I never heard of a ditto machine. Perhaps it was known by a different name.  

Edited by Papist

homeschoolmom

Papist-- you never had to do math problems on a purple-colored worksheet (like that above)? As my college teacher liked to point out, spirit masters (brand name "Ditto") came in lots of colors, but purple was the most common.

And I found myself wondering... it's been SO MANY years since someone asked me on Ash Wednesday if I didn't have CARBON PAPER on my forehead.... now it's toner... or coffee grounds...

1024161000.jpg

Starbucks? Why is that in the backgound? Or in this thread? lol....

because in 1970's and 80's, people thought the ashes were carbon paper... now.... I get asked if they are COFFEE GROUNDS!

And apparently they had taken an 'ashes service' out to a street corner Ash Wednesday service.. and happened to have a Starbucks in the background. 

Times, they are a changin'....

Edited by AnneLine

homeschoolmom

hsm, you're older than me right?

Yes.

Here you go, Papist!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLM11_bnbNI[/media]

And that's exactly right.

because in 1970's and 80's, people thought the ashes were carbon paper... now.... I get asked if they are COFFEE GROUNDS!

And apparently they had taken an 'ashes service' out to a street corner Ash Wednesday service.. and happened to have a Starbucks in the background. 

Times, they are a changin'....

People are dumb. Why would you have coffee on your head? I can see ink or carbon (it *is* carbon after all), but coffee? I believe you.. but again, people are dumb.

Yup about the coffee grounds...

except dumb AnneLine has actually done it.... putting powdered coffee into the cappuccino machine and then brushing my head.    Oops.  

homeschoolmom

Homeschoolmom is not a coffee drinker. She forgets coffee comes in very fine grounds these days. Unlike Folgers Crystals.

Papist-- you never had to do math problems on a purple-colored worksheet (like that above)? As my college teacher liked to point out, spirit masters (brand name "Ditto") came in lots of colors, but purple was the most common.

No. I have never seen such paper. No joke. 

Homeschoolmom is not a coffee drinker. She forgets coffee comes in very fine grounds these days. Unlike Folgers Crystals.

That's just insane!

homeschoolmom

I know. I somehow made it through college without picking up the taste for it. I think with the massive uptick in coffee shops since then, if I'd gone to college about ten years later, I would be a coffee drinker.