An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update

the171

The171 will get the treatment that she and the professionals who are working with her judge to be best for her. I think we should forget about recommending specific treatment over the Internet (we are not qualified to do that) and concentrate instead on providing prayerful encouragement and support.

AuthorOfMyLife

I understand, beatitude. I'm sorry if I came across as "prescribing" anything--I just wanted to help. At first I was hesitant to suggest something over the internet, but then I thought that it would be selfish not to at least mention something that has been useful to people I know. The professionals helping The171 should definitely know what is best for her. I was only suggesting some things that she could talk with them about, if she wished.

I don't think any of us meant to do any harm by making suggestions. However, beatitude is right. The171 needs to consult professional help. She is only 15 and we have to remember that. She needs to get counseling and work through her past. It can be done. But it takes a LOT of work, a LOT of work. I too had a traumatic childhood/teenage years and had a tremendous amount of fear lurking in my brain. With the right guidance the171 can get through this.

LadyOfSorrows

Oh dear, I'll be praying for you. I went through something similar at the tail end of last year, and still struggle with it sometimes. It's scary because it seems to come out of no where. There is hope-- I promise! Hold onto God's hand at every moment. If you see a therapist, he/she can help you identify the cause of these attacks. It has been very helpful for me, as well. One thing I was told was to not expect it to go away suddenly-- it probably took a long time to build up, and you can help yourself gradually. This is true in my experience. Some days will be better than others. If you need to talk to someone, you can PM me. :)

I had a small one at Latin mass today. Ha! My friend was trying to drag me out. After I received the Eucharist I started getting better. Thank you guys for all the support. These past few days have been terrifying. I dont know where I'd be without my Pham. You guys remind me that i have HOPE! You guys are one of the only things keeping me grounded. Thank you all so much. I can't ever thank you enough.

Glad we are able to help and pray for you. Praying graces so you can really work with your counselor and trust s/he can help you. This kind of thing is very scary, but it IS treatable and you CAN get better, but it takes time, one thing at a time. Each little step is a victory. We are proud of you for every step you take. Loving prayers surround you...