An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dta's Countdown Thread

Deus te Amat

maximillion

Sharpies.......if only!!!

What memories you are all conjuring of the past.

We sewed on our given number (mine was 439) in red cross stitch. This had to be done on everything.
Prior to Clothing, when the community replaced just about everything with regulation stuff, a postulant's Angel gave out her clothing to everyone in the noviciate and one could witness the other novice's carefully stitching the number onto one's undies and everything else.
Everyone put some stitches in the habit hem.......including all the Professed nuns.
One's Angel had the task of making the tiny hem stitches in one's veils......
NM and I sewed everything else in her office together (by hand) while praying the Rosary and discussing the Constitution of our Order.
All the various parts of the habit were tried on separately, so that at Clothing was the first time we were actually in the whole thing.

But I am getting ahead, you are not at this stage yet....but it's amazing how time flies!!!!!!

Prayers as you prepare.

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1344441614' post='2464521']
Sharpies.......if only!!!

What memories you are all conjuring of the past.

We sewed on our given number (mine was 439) in red cross stitch. This had to be done on everything.
Prior to Clothing, when the community replaced just about everything with regulation stuff, a postulant's Angel gave out her clothing to everyone in the noviciate and one could witness the other novice's carefully stitching the number onto one's undies and everything else.
Everyone put some stitches in the habit hem.......including all the Professed nuns.
One's Angel had the task of making the tiny hem stitches in one's veils......
NM and I sewed everything else in her office together (by hand) while praying the Rosary and discussing the Constitution of our Order.
All the various parts of the habit were tried on separately, so that at Clothing was the first time we were actually in the whole thing.

But I am getting ahead, you are not at this stage yet....but it's amazing how time flies!!!!!!

Prayers as you prepare.
[/quote]

:cloud9:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344458227' post='2464649']
thank you for the card :)
[/quote]

Yay! I wish I were more eloquent... I'm gonna miss you, friend. :)

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1344458707' post='2464657']
Yay! I wish I were more eloquent... I'm gonna miss you, friend. :)
[/quote]

now, don't get me started! :cry:

OnlySunshine

Just a random thing -- I bought new Sharpie markers today at Walmart for 88 cents a piece! I thought of you, DtA! :hehe2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1344730453' post='2466273']
4 days! I got a card from my angel yesterday! It's becoming real.
[/quote]

:clap:

I'm praying for you today at Mass. May you have safe travels, a peaceful heart, and wonderful moments with family these last few days. There's going to be hard moments as we both strive to live our vocations, but know that you have the prayers of a lot of people!

Take care, my Dominican sister-in-Christ!!!!!!

You have a card from you Angel......I love that!

Praying for you and your family (and phamily) over the next few days as I am sure there will be many memories made and some precious moments!

she_who_is_not

DtA,

I've been praying for you during my Assumption novena, and will continue to pray for you and your postulant class.