An Old School Catholic Message Board

Qd's Countdown Thread

Queen'sDaughter

maximillion

It is true there is an upsurge in vocations, but please pray for us here in the Uk where it is still a very slow process...........

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1337093698' post='2430875']
Thanks so much for the support everybody! It is 4 months exactly today. Please also keep in your prayers one of my friends who entered on Sunday.

There is no "vocation crisis" is my circle. One of my friends is a dominican novice, one is a franciscan novice, one is a Carmelite postulant (who will be receiving the habit on Monday), and one is a poor clare postulant. What vocations crisis!!!!! We are entering convents like there is nothing else in the world! It is funny that none of us are entering the same order; I am the only Benedictine of the bunch.

IPC, it is funny what you say about it being surreal that I am entering a convent that you visited. I feel the same way about you visiting them! Maybe someday we will meet there! When I get closer to entering, I will give you a hint to be able to tell which one is me.
[/quote]

LOL, I have a few religious friends as well:

My friend from here (In the Arms of the Lord) entered Carmel in Dec. 2010 and is now a novice.

My friend from Facebook entered an active/contemplative Carmelite order in Sept. 2009. She left in March 2011, but is re-entering this June!

My friend from my small group at the first YA retreat I attended entered the Sisters of Life and is about to profess first vows this August.

My older friend who entered a Benedictine order in England and then another order here. She is no longer in either order, but you never know what the future holds. I'm trying to convince her to keep her options open.

And last but not least -- myself! I have been discerning off and on since December 2007. I have been very close to entering an active order of Carmelites in 2009, and have discerned with others. I am now seriously discerning with a missionary/Trinitarian order that my pastor put me in touch with. They are planning to come to our parish next year, so I am really excited! I am trying to get an appointment with my pastor because he wants me to get the psych exam. If all goes well during the exam and the Superior gives permission, I will probably enter in the next year or two. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Queen'sDaughter

I am [i]still [/i]waiting for my list. I swear nuns have a different sense of time than normal people!

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1338163465' post='2435957']
I am [i]still [/i]waiting for my list. I swear nuns have a different sense of time than normal people!
[/quote]
So true!

TheresaThoma

[/quote]
When I first started contacting communities a wise Jesuit friend told me that nuns run on "convent time" which is nothing like our normal time. (This came after I was stressing about not hearing back right away from a couple of communities).

OnlySunshine

[/quote]
[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1338173890' post='2436133']
When I first started contacting communities a wise Jesuit friend told me that nuns run on "convent time" which is nothing like our normal time. (This came after I was stressing about not hearing back right away from a couple of communities).
[/quote]

Amen to that! I have tried contacting the community I am discerning with 2 times in the last few months. I haven't gotten an answer and, since my pastor introduced me to them, I asked him what I could do to get in touch. He told me that the Superior I spoke to in person (who is a registered nurse) works nights instead of days so she often doesn't have time to respond to messages right away. This helped me understand that they weren't ignoring me, so I have to be patient. ;)

Queen'sDaughter

Haha. Thanks IPC. I hadn't gotten around to counting the days yet! NOW I KNOW!

InPersonaChriste

No problem!
I have been counting down for a lot of things lately, and I am so excited for you!

Queen'sDaughter

Why, thank you. I am just on pins and needles, waiting to get my list. I have my "convent chest" all ready, but I don't have anything to put in it yet!

Queen'sDaughter

Sister Scholastica wrote me after I had been accepted comparing me to a bride preparing for her wedding day. And I wonder if any bride could have dreams as sweet as mine! I dreamed last night that I was a postulant, and I woke up knowing that this dream can come true!

AveMariaPurissima

So...I'm trying to remember what I've read in the Benedictines' newsletter...when you enter in September, will you be starting out as a candidate?

InPersonaChriste

[b]102 days[/b]

you know one thing I wish I would have copied more onto my notebook is their little prayer book. I wrote down some of their prayers because they felt so close to my heart. Just the simplicity!

That must have been a wonderful dream!

Queen'sDaughter

Ave: I will be a candidate for 2 months after entering, and then I will receive the postulant dress (God willing).

IPC: It was an amazing dream (and here I go breaking George Washington's rule), I even dreamed of the religious name Sr. Margaret Mary took! How weird is that?

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1338949987' post='2441612']

IPC: It was an amazing dream (and here I go breaking George Washington's rule), I even dreamed of the religious name Sr. Margaret Mary took! How weird is that?
[/quote]

Not weird at all! I am praying for you that you will recieve your convent list soon and that you will have a wonderful entrance! It must be so soon and so far away at the same time!