An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discalced Carmelite Nun Communities

Guest vent801

Oh so that's why they were so concerned about me and my interest in the Latin Mass. Never mind then. I haven't actually visited them or anything. I just wish there were more Orders out there that had the Latin Mass

There is another Carmel in CO that is in union with the Church. It is in Littleton CO. I'm not exactly sure about how often they have Latin Mass but there is an FSSP parish right down the street from them. Right now that parish is undergoing complete renovation (ok they are completely rebuilding) so the parish use the Monestary for some of the Latin. They do not have an internet presence but you can find their contact information online. 

Here is an article about a solemn profession they had last year. http://www.archden.org/index.cfm/ID/8335

• 1 month later...
VeniJesuAmorMi

Praised be Jesus Christ! :)

This website may have been posted on this thread, but just in case someone missed it, its a website with pictures of different Carmels. It's very nice: http://picasaweb.google.com/112954809546652959393?gsessionid=PK0U0qvseZc8s4VY7DZehQ

There really is something beautiful and captivating to those on the outside to see pictures of Carmel without seeing the Sisters. If anyone is ever near a Carmelite monastery and you're able to go in, I would highly recommended it! Especially if you go into the Chapel at the time when the Sisters are praying the Office; to sit there with Our Lord and hear the Sisters behind the grille. So beautiful!

Chiara Francesco

Yes, that photo album was made by our very own chiquitunga's here on PM!  (if I spelled that right!)

truthfinder

Does anyone have a link for the picasa album of the Carmelites in Armstrong? I saw it once, but have never been able to find it again.

truthfinder

I think this is my fav picture

12_11_4.JPEG

I know, I love looking at this picture.  But this wasn't album I was looking for - thanks anyways Vee!

Chiara Francesco

I can only find this

https://picasaweb.google.com/CreationsByGinny/31dec09?authkey=Gv1sRgCOTG1quB6-f2DQ

That's a friend of mine's album.  It's a mix of pictures from their website (new and old ones) and ones she took on her visit to them.  Are you interested in them truthfinder?

Edited by Chiara Francesco

truthfinder

That's a friend of mine's album.  It's a mix of pictures from their website (new and old ones) and ones she took on her visit to them.  Are you interested in them truthfinder?

I've known them a long while ...

Edited by truthfinder

Chiara Francesco

Oops not the link from vee8 but this one, I got confused:  https://picasaweb.google.com/jmjtcarmelite/CarmelOfArmstrongBC

Also pictures from old newsletters from their diocese.  And I think 2 from vee8!

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Oops not the link from vee8 but this one, I got confused:  https://picasaweb.google.com/jmjtcarmelite/CarmelOfArmstrongBC

Also pictures from old newsletters from their diocese.  And I think 2 from vee8!

lol yes there a couple of mine in there including the old chapel, all four pews of it :hehe:

this pic (not mine) of the new choir reminds me of a couple of things Mother Claire told me

choir.JPG

that little window in the wall above the door allows any sister in the infirmary to still see and be a part of Mass etc.  She also liked the lights on the wall because she thought they looked like little nuns bent over in prayer.

One other little thing I remember when I was able to visit their new building, before they moved in, was that the cells each have a small counter top with a sink in it.  I didnt ask about that although Im guessing it is rather rare for a Carmel.  My initial thought was that doesnt follow the poverty or rule of st teresa blah blah blah but then I came to realize that it may be something to do with having things more eremitical

Guest Allie

One other little thing I remember when I was able to visit their new building, before they moved in, was that the cells each have a small counter top with a sink in it.  I didnt ask about that although Im guessing it is rather rare for a Carmel.  My initial thought was that doesnt follow the poverty or rule of st teresa blah blah blah but then I came to realize that it may be something to do with having things more eremitical

Sometimes zoning regulations come into it.  For example, there is a Daughters of St. Paul Convent that was required to put in a Mens Restroom.