An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Second Retreat

Lil'Monster

Lil'Monster

was pretty amesome and very interesting at the same time!

So much happened and I need to let it sink in my heart more.

Just ask me questions and I might answer them....just don't ask me math questions though! :|

So go asked every question you may have!

Well I don't know you since I'm a Lurker, but what retreat did you go on? Are you discerning? Since I know so little about you could go on asking questions for days! :)

HopefulBride

So mon will you be continuing on your discernment to the Religious Life or do you think you might be called to marriage?

maximillion

[quote][color=#282828]Should I answer that question? [/color][/quote]
Personally speaking, I think you maybe already did!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1338279697' post='2436986']
Personally speaking, I think you maybe already did!
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.

Lil Mon, you can joke all you want but I really believe that you are showing true signs of wanting to discern a religious vocation. Honestly, you wouldn't keep attending retreats if you didn't believe that there was something there worth seeking out. Religious life is beautiful, but it can't be taken lightly. It is a lifelong commitment to Jesus Christ under the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience. Most religious describe it as heaven on earth and it truly is -- if it is your vocation. Pray about it and seek the advice of a spiritual director. Though you joke, you may just surprise yourself and the rest of us by responding to God and enter the convent. Never say never. :flowers:

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1338301795' post='2437066']
I know something you guys don't!!!!!
[/quote]

Now that's just mean! You're taunting us with your knowledge!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1338302529' post='2437070']

Now that's just mean! You're taunting us with your knowledge!
[/quote]

I don't know if I'm at liberty to share this knowledge with you guys! I wouldn't want to face the wrath of Mon... *shudders*

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1338302762' post='2437073']
I don't know if I'm at liberty to share this knowledge with you guys! I wouldn't want to face the wrath of Mon... *shudders*
[/quote]

:hehe2:
We can't have Lil'Mon going after you!

I'm betting with MM that she's gonna discern religious life. I've been betting on Lil'Mon as a nun for ages. :nun:

Kayte Postle

You know you'll be back at another retreat lil-nunster! =) (p.s. I miss you already)

On a more serious note it was beautiful to see you being open to the Lord this weekend.

Obligatory reference.

The Holy Spirit was there and ready to whonk!

:getaclue:

But more seriously.

Maybe you'll end up as a Sister, with the DSMME or somewhere else.

Maybe marriage and a house full of kids. (Probably not TWENTY, that's really rare, but a lot.)

Maybe marriage and fewer children.

Maybe single life, consecrated or just "regular."

But I do know that "we make plans and God laughs." And some of the more difficult periods in my life have come when I pursued an opportunity full-steam ahead, when on paper it looked perfect. And in retrospect I realize that I had decided but never really discerned.

Oops.

Whatever ends up happening, being careful to listen and discern (rather than announcing your plans to God) is always a good thing!