Convents And Family Visits Per Year

5 hours ago, Therese1895 said:

The JMJ Carmels never leave the enclosure except for doctors, etc. But if you think that that's bad, the MC's only go home about once every ten years! At least that was the practice in the 80s and 90s. Families can visit more often, I believe. 

When my sisters first came to Australia, they could only visit home once every ten years. It was then reduced to six, and now it's three.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AccountDeleted

• emmaberry

• graciandelamadrededios

• PhuturePriest

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The restrictions are not about lack of love of family...to be cloistered is a vocation to be more present for God...to listen to Him & intercede for others. Contemplatives' life of prayer must be

I think you are taking some of this a little too personally because of your daughter being in religious life, just as Emma reacted when I mentioned the military. We usually tend to get a little defens

Actually Lilllabettt, you really have no idea what type of community I am in nor can you comment on my thoughts or feelings as you are not privy to them. I simply stated my experience of both healthy