An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lcwr Communities

emmaberry

[quote name='Lumiere' timestamp='1342182473' post='2455284']

What absolute nonsense!
[/quote]

Since our educational system has become, for the majority, secularized, there is a lot of Godlessness out there. The reason we have the New Evangelization is not only to teach the faith to Catholics, but to put a new emphasis on evangelization. The older persons in the media remember the nuns, but the younger ones have no clue about religion, and are quite rude toward it. They are pushing secular values, and this is why the "dissidents" of the LCWR are being defended in the media.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='Gemma' timestamp='1342186929' post='2455290']
Yes, I do mean pagans. It's all over the place now. But that is not what this thread is about, so I must end this particular post here.

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

What proof do you have that "It's all over the place now" or are you just sitting in judgement of people you don't even know again?

[quote name='Gemma' timestamp='1342187074' post='2455291']
No, but I have fielded a lot of prayer requests from Canada.
[/quote]

I don't doubt there are Canadians who send you prayer requests. I also don't doubt that there are Canadians who don't send you prayer requests. The people who send you prayer requests would hardly be considered a good sampling of Canadians.

The film board up there produced a pagan movie.
[/quote]

Only one? I'm sure you could decide that several movies produced by the National Film Board are "pagan" if you really tried. [url="http://www.nfb.ca/"]Here[/url] is the web site, have a look through them.

Abortion is part of their nationalized healthcare, and sidewalk counseling is prohibited.
[/quote]

Abortion is part of the nationalized healthcare because abortion is legal, as it is in the United States and many other countries, and because the main form of health care is nationalized health care in Canada. There are private clinics, but they are small and usually specialized. As a matter of fact, there are a string of private abortion clinics across the country and in some parts of the country women who want abortions can only get them at private clinics because the nationalized health care in those areas doesn't offer abortions.

What kind of sidewalk counseling are you talking about? If you are talking about the demonstrations that occur outside the abortion clinics? If so, then there are often restraining orders in place to keep those demonstrations a certain distance from the clinics (usually private clinics). This happens in the United States, as well.

You really need to be more careful what you say and only speak about things you truely know and have the facts to back up.

This information is from [url="http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo30a-eng.htm"]2001[/url] which seems to be the most recent information publically available. In this graph pagan religions are found under "other religions".[url="http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo30a-eng.htm"][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Religion_in_Canada.png[/img][/url]

franciscanlady

I cannot believe how incredibly rude some people on here are to Gemma. Complaining about her use of the word "pagan." I mean really??? Sometimes I get the feeling that some are not too good at reading comprehension or are interpretting comments the way they want (which is not even close to the author's intended meaning).

Definition of Pagan from [b]American Heritage Dictionary[/b][list=1]
[*]One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.

[*]One who has no religion.

[*]A non-Christian.

[*]A hedonist.

[*]A Neo-Pagan.
[/list]
Definition of Pagan from [b]Catholic Encylopedia[/b]
Paganism, in the broadest sense includes all religions other than the true one revealed by [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06608a.htm"]God[/url], and, in a narrower sense, all except [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03712a.htm"]Christianity[/url], [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08399a.htm"]Judaism[/url], and [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10424a.htm"]Mohammedanism[/url]. The term is also used as the equivalent of [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12223b.htm"]Polytheism[/url].

So there you have it. Gemma is not incorrect in her usage and was only making a generalization just as one saying "we live in a Godless society (although statistics show there are more believers than nonbelievers)." Stop focusing on the tiniest of details and look at what she said. Yes, it is true that the media has no idea what the true role of a sister is. Yes, Canada has become very secular (legalized gay marriage, abortion included healthcare, euthansia etc. No, Gemma is not making any judgments against people as she did not even mention anyone. No, what Gemma said was not "absolute nonsense." The fact that abortion is legal makes it okay? I continue to notice the lack of respect for other PM users we do not agree with (including making assumptions such as that the commenter is just "judging"). Sorry for the rant. :shutup: God bless!

P.S. Gemma is right...this thread is not about this so can we keep on topic pretty please :)

Edited by franciscanlady

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='franciscanlady' timestamp='1342217232' post='2455424']
P.S. Gemma is right...this thread is not about this so can we keep on topic pretty please :)
[/quote]

I think the original topic was lost long ago. :think:;)

OP wanted to know about communities not apart of the LCWR, which she has every right to know. Seriously, they are under investigation for a reason. If the SUPERIOR of a community chooses to be apart of the LCWR (or any other group that contains heretical persons in their ranks), that is the person who is going to be God's voice by holy obedience. Yeah innocent sisters are in the mix, it's a shame. Hopefully this Church investigation will help those innocent sisters and hopefully correct those sisters who have gone astray from the teachings of the Church. But you can't blame those of us who feel the same as the poster, for not wanting to become one of the innocent ones in the LCWR.

Edited by To Jesus Through Mary

Excuse me, Gemma said

"You'll find very few actual Christians in the media. Most of it has been infiltrated by leftists, among them are pagans. It's exceptionally bad in Canada. Wherever you see an emphasis on "reproductive rights," you're likely dealing with pagans. It is their stated purpose to destroy the Judeo-Christian God. They have deliberately gone into the media for the sake of obtaining this goal."

"Yes, I do mean pagans. It's all over the place now."

"No, but I have fielded a lot of prayer requests from Canada. The film board up there produced a pagan movie. Abortion is part of their nationalized healthcare, and sidewalk counseling is prohibited."

"...I cannot reveal sources. Ppl may get hurt if I do..."

Gemma was not referring to non-believers. She was referring to some conspiracy she thinks is going on. Where is the evidence of this conspiracy? If there is no evidence, then it is slander.

[quote name='franciscanlady' timestamp='1342217232' post='2455424']
[b]I cannot believe how incredibly rude some people on here are to Gemma[/b]. Complaining about her use of the word "pagan." I mean really??? Sometimes [b]I get the feeling that some are not too good at reading comprehension[/b] or are interpretting comments the way they want (which is not even close to the author's intended meaning).
[/quote]

Amen. I don't even know Gemma but the extraordinarily rude comments I have read directed towards her are unsettling. It seems to come across as bullying.

Like I said, I haven't been active on PM for long, so I don't know if something occurred in the past, but it still isn't right. This should be a place of charity-at the very least civilized discussion-and these attacking/harsh comments are unnecessary. Do what you will, because my opinion doesn't really matter, but I had to say something since I find these comments so concerning. Feel free to attack me now if you want. ;)

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1342222061' post='2455444']
OP wanted to know about communities not apart of the LCWR, which she has every right to know. Seriously, they are under investigation for a reason. [b]If the SUPERIOR of a community chooses to be apart of the LCWR (or any other group that contains heretical persons in their ranks), that is the person who is going to be God's voice by holy obedience.[/b] Yeah innocent sisters are in the mix, it's a shame. Hopefully this Church investigation will help those innocent sisters and hopefully correct those sisters who have gone astray from the teachings of the Church. [b]But you can't blame those of us who feel the same as the poster, for not wanting to become one of the innocent ones in the LCWR.[/b]
[/quote]
Thanks for saying that better than I could.

[quote name='Lumiere' timestamp='1342222115' post='2455445']
Gemma was not referring to non-believers. She was referring to some conspiracy she thinks is going on. Where is the evidence of this conspiracy? If there is no evidence, then it is slander.
[/quote]
I don't think Gemma was talking about a conspiracy per se, just the bias and anti-Christian outlook that overtakes a pagan society (pagan meaning non-Christians since that is its proper definition, as FL said.) Of course, who knows what she may have actually meant. After all, this IS the internet. We can't know exactly what a poster intends, so we must act with increased charity and less judgement. I have found an embarrassingly large amount of times that I have misunderstood someone and harped on them. Please forgive me if I've done this to you.

I agree that the thread has gotten off topic, but I don't care that much, since my question in the OP has been throroughly answered. :)

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Mother Teresa said:[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic. We believe our work should be our example to people. We have among us 475 souls - 30 families are Catholics and the rest are all Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs—all different religions. But they all come to our prayers."[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]She also said:[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"There are so many religions and each one has its different ways of following God."[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]She also said:[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"It is not enough for us to say: "I love God," but I also have to love my neighbor. St. John says that you are a liar if you say you love God and you don't love your neighbor. How can you love God whom you do not see, if you do not love your neighbor whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live?"[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]And...[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"I had the most extraordinary experience of love of neighbor with a Hindu family. A gentleman came to our house and said: "Mother Teresa, there is a family who have not eaten for so long. Do something." So I took some rice and went there immediately. And I saw the children - their eyes shining with hunger. I don't know if you have ever seen hunger. But I have seen it very often. And the mother of the family took the rice I gave her and went out. When she came back, I asked her: "Where did you go? What did you do?" And she gave me a very simple answer: "They are hungry also." What struck me was that she knew - and who are they? A Muslim family - and she knew. I didn't bring any more rice that evening because I wanted them, Hindus and Muslims, to enjoy the joy of sharing."[/size][/font]

I ask, "Who is your neighbor?"