An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

When you happen to be visiting a different dioces and go to confession...afterwards the priest looks at you and asks if you are a seminarian...true story last week.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1340521478' post='2448266']

Sweet! I'm glad to know I'm not the only loser thinking about Priestly stuff all day. I can be quite deceiving. I'll be sitting there seemingly reading through a science book like I am smart and sophisticated, but what is going on in my head is really "Hm... I wonder how awkward it would be if a family member confessed his or her sins to me...?"

This thread is amesome. I approve.
[/quote]

I hope somewhere in there you are actually DOING your math homework.

Edited by PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

When a seminarian friend comes to visit...you get into the locked church so he can leave a note in the sacristy for his former classmate (now the current Pastor)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1342032099' post='2454706']
I don't blame them. hahahaha.
[/quote]

They actually don't let anyone in. But I'll let you have your little zing. :P

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1342044619' post='2454745']
I hope somewhere in there you are actually DOING your math homework.
[/quote]

Oh yes, it's been a while since we have talked so you don't know. I actually started doing algebra one recently and I'm good at it. Hooray for perseverance!

• 3 weeks later...

-when Father Prior asks when you will be visiting the motherhouse again! :like3:
-when you're sad the motherhouse is too far away to visit again soon...
-when you're so happy one of the fathers (and a very good friend) is moving to your country to start a new house of the congregation.
-when you want to visit it as soon as possible.

PhuturePriest

-When Brother Fidelis Maria of the Franciscan Brothers Minor-Unprovoked on my part, mind you-regularly calls you to check up on your discernment and answer possible questions. This is something that has never happened before with any other Community. I'm trying not to read too much into it, but I sometimes think "Does he do this with everyone else?" and "Even if he does, why does he seem to have such an interest in me?"

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343867030' post='2461347']
-When Brother Fidelis Maria of the Franciscan Brothers Minor-Unprovoked on my part, mind you-regularly calls you to check up on your discernment and answer possible questions. This is something that has never happened before with any other Community. I'm trying not to read too much into it, but I sometimes think "Does he do this with everyone else?" and "Even if he does, why does he seem to have such an interest in me?"
[/quote]

Can I ask what area these Franciscans are in? If it is the New Mexico area, then I will have to write Mother Abbess in my next letter and inform her that I know someone who is discerning with her beloved New Mexico Franciscan Brothers Minor!

Edited by emmaberry

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343884543' post='2461472']
Can I ask what area these Franciscans are in? If it is the New Mexico area, then I will have to write Mother Abbess in my next letter and inform her that I know someone who is discerning with her beloved New Mexico Franciscan Brothers Minor!
[/quote]

Sorry, Fort Wayne Indiana is where their main Friary is, and they have a new one in Ohio, but not New Mexico. I have never heard of any other Franciscan Brothers Minor before. Are you sure we aren't talking about the same one but you were confused on the location?

Pax_et bonum

No, you're thinking of the Order of Friars Minor, Emma. They are different from the [url="http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home_1.html"]Franciscan Brothers Minor[/url].

Uh-oh. My apologies FP....but that is still so exciting about the phone call and your discernment!

Thank you Pax_et bonum...I fear with my ignorance, me and FP might have been in a haze of confusion for quite a while. :)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

When you have figured out how to pay for almost all of your formation in order to lessen the burden on the Church's coffers.

emmaberry101

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1343965129' post='2461861']
When you have figured out how to pay for almost all of your formation in order to lessen the burden on the Church's coffers.
[/quote]

Impressive!

edit: whoops, on my topic-posting account. :blush:

Edited by emmaberry101

PhuturePriest

-When you saw this thread was being buried and felt like you were on a mission from God to resurrect one of the ten male discernment threads here.

• 3 weeks later...

-when you have to take an exam and instead of bombarding you with questions about what you had to study, your professor wants to talk about your possible future community...
-when you're in the main picture on the website of your country's [url="http://tridentijnsemis.blogspot.com"]organisation for the promotion of EF Mass.[/url]
-when you think it's absolutely amesome the priest in the same picture wears the chasuble that pope Leo XIII used for the canonisation of a local saint.