An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

- when you only told one teacher once that you're discerning and suddenly every teacher you have knows about it.
- when you're looking at some books about religion and without doing anything special the owner asks: You must be a priest, isn't it?
- when one of the fathers calls you and you just start smiling for half an hour :smile4:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1345754600' post='2472919'].
-when you're in the main picture on the website of your country's [url="http://tridentijnsemis.blogspot.com"]organisation for the promotion of EF Mass.[/url]
[/quote]

Okay, that's just the bee's knees right there. The chasuble part is super [i]c[/i]ool, too.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346307381' post='2476205']
Okay, that's just the bee's knees right there. The chasuble part is super [i]c[/i]ool, too.
[/quote]
I assume that "bee's knees" means excellent? (not familiar with the expression, sorry :blush:) Inside the chasuble there was an embroidered inscription that said that the chasuble was given to that particular church by pope Leo XIII in the 19th century. The idea alone is amesome :woot: :pope2:

- when sunday became your busiest day in the week.
- when you visit the first Mass in the new house of your potential future community and you could die of happiness when you realise there is not just one priest as you expected, but 3 priests, 1 brother and 3 seminarians!!
- when the seminarians all come to talk to you :smile4:

Edited by NonNovi

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1346867984' post='2478820']
I assume that "bee's knees" means excellent? (not familiar with the expression, sorry :blush:) Inside the chasuble there was an embroidered inscription that said that the chasuble was given to that particular church by pope Leo XIII in the 19th century. The idea alone is amesome :woot: :pope2:

- when sunday became your busiest day in the week.
- when you visit the first Mass in the new house of your potential future community and you could die of happiness when you realise there is not just one priest as you expected, but 3 priests, 1 brother and 3 seminarians!!
- when the seminarians all come to talk to you :smile4:
[/quote]

Ha ha, sorry, I forgot English is not your primary language. The term "the bee's knees" is a term that was popular around the '50s and it basically implies something is really [i]c[/i]ool. I just use it because I'm lame. :hehe:

PhuturePriest

- When your spiritual director (Who is a Priest) texts your father often to schedule meetings with you and to schedule days to train you in alter serving. :dance:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346872360' post='2478848']
to schedule days to train you in alter serving. :dance:
[/quote]
Yay for altar serving! :like3: :winner: It helped me a lot to understand the meaning of the Mass, and what a grace it is to be so close to the mystery of our faith! Can't do without it anymore, I serve Mass everywhere.

- when you see a book cover with a picture of a church interior and you immediately know wich church it is, without even actually having been there.
- when people gossip about you becoming a priest.
- when people advise other people who are struggling with their faith to talk to you about it, because you could possibly help them.
- when you discover the real "sister Luke" lived in your city, before ànd after the convent :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1346935674' post='2479361']
Yay for altar serving! :like3: :winner: It helped me a lot to understand the meaning of the Mass, and what a grace it is to be so close to the mystery of our faith! Can't do without it anymore, I serve Mass everywhere.
[/quote]

Without any training he had me help him serve a baptism he did (No Mass, just a baptism). It obviously didn't require much except telling me where to go or what to hold, but I enjoyed it so much and I hope he can teach me how to serve soon. After the baptism some of the family members came up to me and asked me if I was a Priest or was going to be. I could have died happy.

-when people come to tell you they are touched by your "natural way of kneeling" and that you give them the urge to kneel also.

- When you just got invited to go on a live-in with the Franciscan Brothers Minor in the near future this morning!!!!!!!!!
- When one of your "Frequently visited sites" is the Franciscan Brothers Minor site.

- when you see pictures of a facebook friend who recently got ordained and get so jealous!
- when a priest doesn't want to go to the ordinations of his order unless you accompany him (it's a 1000 km drive).
- when you're really looking forward to these ordinations (wich also means a visit to the motherhouse), only 2 more weeks!

Welcome, Brother Gabriel-Marie! You might want to do a 'welcome thread' in either VS or Open Mic so we can properly greet you. You look suspiciously.... Domincan? Which Province?

[quote name='BrGabriel-Marie' timestamp='1347480023' post='2481773']
I just used up most of my internet time reading these, but quite funny guys!
[/quote]

Ha. Sadly my liturgical underwear ripped because of my busy and active work schedule, but I hope it made you laugh! It's very wonderful to see a male Religious on here! I hope you can find some time to visit us when you can.