An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

• 3 weeks later...

- when you're sad nobody posts here... Come on future priests! :priest:
- when you have a little card to enter your cathedral for free (during tourist hours visitors usually have to pay), "free entry for praying"
- when you succesfully manage to activate your fraternity to participate in a procession in honour of Our Lady of the Rosary (I'm on the far right by the way, almost out of the picture praying the rosary).

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564002_4120923456190_188445982_n.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350251810' post='2493383']
- when you have a little card to enter your cathedral for free (during tourist hours visitors usually have to pay), "free entry for praying"
- when you succesfully manage to activate your fraternity to participate in a procession in honour of Our Lady of the Rosary (I'm on the far right by the way, almost out of the picture praying the rosary).

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564002_4120923456190_188445982_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Is that the cathedral? I've never seen a cathedral so tall or beautiful in person before.

Yup, that's the Antwerp cathedral. Catholics here are very proud of it :-) You should visit me then, this is the full building.

[img]http://www.cartoon-productions.be/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Antwerpen-OLV-kathedraal.jpg[/img]

When word gets around at your workplace that you are a "minister"...

I work as a cashier at a grocery store, and one of the little old ladies that regularly comes through my line--and also attends my parish, where I work as a sacristan--referred to me as "the Reverend" the other day in front of a bunch of my co-workers. And then, co-workers that weren't there have been asking me if I am a 'minister.'

And then I'm all like "Nope, and never will be. I want to be a priest! There is a difference!" hahaha.

Non Novi, what order are you with? It all sounds really interesting!

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1350334331' post='2493745']
Non Novi, what order are you with? It all sounds really interesting!
[/quote]

What sounds really interesting? I'm discerning the Servi Jesu et Mariae in Austria if that is what you mean.

[img]http://www.bhgfd.com/securefilesystem/images/insert_20110114124803_servi_jesu_et_mariae_2.jpg[/img]

- when you unexpectedly receive a letter from a Sister and can't stop smiling for at least an hour.
- when you shock your fellow students by not receiving communion during Mass (making a spiritual communion, but yeah, what do they know about that?)
- when the first thing you do when you enter the sacristy before Mass is putting on your cassock.
- when the second thing you do is laying out the vestments for the priest in the correct order, with the cincture nice and curly in the shape of an M (for our Holy Mother).

• 2 weeks later...

- when a priest enters the sacristy and greets you with "Buongiorno Padre!".
- when a priest sees you in cassock and mentions what a fine deacon you would be.
- when you didn't like that comment because you "downgraded" (last time he said the same but with priest instead of deacon).
- when a priest is comparing his Roman collar to what he thinks is yours (but it was just the collar of a white shirt).

PhuturePriest

- When you get the call from your spiritual director that you will be serving with him and you can't help but smile.
- When you're getting excited about your trip to the seminary in approximately twelve days.
- When you hope to be able to sit next to the Priest that will be overseeing the trip so you can talk to him.

When your parents and yourself have a meeting with you're diocese's vocations director to discuss the seminary and possibly officially begin the application. :w00t:

Pray for me, my brothers and sisters!!

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350251810' post='2493383']

[/quote]

I would love to post here, but it is impossible for me to be a future priest...but I do understand!!! :bounce:

AVE MARIA!!

- when you urgently need a more simple surplice for All Souls day and you sew one the night before.
- when you receive the magazine of your potential future community for the first time and your picture is in it.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1340137524' post='2446414']
-You're at the bar giving pep talks peppered with Scripture while inebriated. (A friend who now is a Brother used to do this on rare occasions. He became an amazing firebrand while intoxicated and could recall Scripture better than when he was sober.)

[/quote]

HaHa that is so me...I have a little. Local bar a couple blocks away, when I walk in It's like Cheers greeting Norm. I sit at the bar, they other regular buy me beers and start peppering me with questions of religion and politics ect...I give them my take on the situation defending Catholic Doctrine and using scripture...