An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1352067510' post='2504090']
If you are without mortal sin, you're in a state of grace (but maybe I'm translating this wrong and you use another word).
You have the obligation to receive communion only once a year (in the Easter time). So you are "allowed" to make a spiritual communion every other day of the year if you want to, no matter for what sake. I must say I don't do it often, I usually take the opportunity to receive. When I serve 2 Masses on the same day, I sometimes skip communion the second time, although I'm allowed to receive twice. But when I don't receive communion, it's hard and makes my love for Christ only grow stronger because you suddenly realise what you are missing.
It's like when you are aware of a mortal sin and can't receive. You only want to go to confession as soon as possible to be able to receive Christ the next time, because you love Him and want to be with Him.
[/quote]
All right, thank you so much! That makes sense :)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1352073663' post='2504173']

I'm not the only one :eek: If only my parents could know this...
[/quote]

Get your parents to log onto PM and then you can show them your aren't exceptionally weird.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1352155231' post='2504753']
Get your parents to log onto PM and then you can show them your aren't exceptionally weird.
[/quote]
Bad idea, they don't know I'm discerning and I want to keep it that way for now. They do suspect something I guess, but sometimes they make it very clear that they wouldn't like it if I become a priest.

Mary+Immaculate<3

-When your favorite part of a movie about a male saint is when they are ordained.
-When your write a will of which family member or friend hers which of your valuables.
-When you read the Catechism as a leisure activity.
-It doesn't phase you to stop everything and say the prayer for meals, with the full-fledged sign of the cross, at your school, eyes closed and hands folded, and your friends have learned to ignore it.
-When you plan what the best words of consolation would be the best for situations you will hear about in Confession.
-You have a crucifix near your door in your room and touch the feet of Jesus every time you pass by
-You wear a band on your wedding finger that most people is just a chastity ring, but secretly it is so girls won't flirt and try to distract you from Priesthood
-The contents of your pocket is on average including: a rosary, an extra scapular (because that's what St. John Bosco did), a prayer book (like the kind Priests have of course!), an assortment of holy cards, and holy water, but you wish you could have your stole already!
-You have a bad week because you forgot to fast an hour before Mass and had to miss Communion.
-You practice writing your name with "Fr." before it, and practice your new signature.
-When you get home from watching a movie, the first thing you do is list all of the things you saw could be applied to Catholicism in some way from it, then you write a homily on it and put it on YouTube, or tell it to your dog if you don't have a camera.
-When favorite Mystery of the Rosary is the Last Supper, because it was the first Mass.
-You know the name of every Priest, and what parish they serve at, in the whole diocese.
-Your favorite shirt is the one you got on a discernment retreat or from a seminary
-You wear black pantaloons and a black polo, dress, or tee shirt every day.
-If there is a Catholic event outside when it's cold, you take off your hat to pray, no matter how bad your hair will look or how people will look at you.
-Instead of showing guests your childhood photos, you show them all the photos where you're with priests (First Communion, Confirmation, first time Serving, Baptism, etc.)
-When Fr. Robert Barron is your ideal role model, even if you can't even follow what he's talking about part of the time.

That's about it pholks, but if I think of any more, I'll be sure to post them. This should *at least* "get you started."
;)

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1352472647' post='2507159']
When the toe of your left shoe is getting scuffed too
[/quote]

Or when you have shoes junky shoes from payless and they get some of the metallic scratched off of them the first time you wear them to Mass. Story of my life.
:hehe:

Mary+Immaculate<3

Another on already, but this one is more serious.
-When it's after you go to Confession and you're making your penance before Mass starts, you are absorbed in prayer and put your head in your arms to block out all light. Then you feel someone tap your shoulder; it's your dad asking if you feel alright :-/

Mary+Immaculate<3

-When these two videos are your top for humor, but you knew if your family knew that, they'd think you were a whack job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apUnAIIaMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEm75c_9ZOM

PriestProphetKing

When you go to the funeral of your ex-girlfriend's grandfather, and after condoling her grandmother, she tells your ex that you give hugs like a priest or a deacon!

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='Mary+Immaculate<3' timestamp='1352560356' post='2507741']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apUnAIIaMI[/media]
[/quote]
I love these guys. The PDP guys at Franciscan are the absolute greatest!

[quote name='Mary+Immaculate<3' timestamp='1352559411' post='2507732']
-When your favorite part of a movie about a male saint is when they are ordained.
-When your write a will of which family member or friend hers which of your valuables.
-When you read the Catechism as a leisure activity.
-It doesn't phase you to stop everything and say the prayer for meals, with the full-fledged sign of the cross, at your school, eyes closed and hands folded, and your friends have learned to ignore it.
-When you plan what the best words of consolation would be the best for situations you will hear about in Confession.
-You have a crucifix near your door in your room and touch the feet of Jesus every time you pass by
-You wear a band on your wedding finger that most people is just a chastity ring, but secretly it is so girls won't flirt and try to distract you from Priesthood
-The contents of your pocket is on average including: a rosary, an extra scapular (because that's what St. John Bosco did), a prayer book (like the kind Priests have of course!), an assortment of holy cards, and holy water, but you wish you could have your stole already!
-You have a bad week because you forgot to fast an hour before Mass and had to miss Communion.
-You practice writing your name with "Fr." before it, and practice your new signature.
-When you get home from watching a movie, the first thing you do is list all of the things you saw could be applied to Catholicism in some way from it, then you write a homily on it and put it on YouTube, or tell it to your dog if you don't have a camera.
-When favorite Mystery of the Rosary is the Last Supper, because it was the first Mass.
-You know the name of every Priest, and what parish they serve at, in the whole diocese.
-Your favorite shirt is the one you got on a discernment retreat or from a seminary
-You wear black pantaloons and a black polo, dress, or tee shirt every day.
-If there is a Catholic event outside when it's cold, you take off your hat to pray, no matter how bad your hair will look or how people will look at you.
-Instead of showing guests your childhood photos, you show them all the photos where you're with priests (First Communion, Confirmation, first time Serving, Baptism, etc.)
-When Fr. Robert Barron is your ideal role model, even if you can't even follow what he's talking about part of the time.

That's about it pholks, but if I think of any more, I'll be sure to post them. This should *at least* "get you started."
;)
[/quote]
Wait. I'm confused... aren't you a girl? :unsure: :hmmm: :|

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1352716874' post='2508544']
Wait. I'm confused... aren't you a girl? :unsure: :hmmm: :|
[/quote]
Yeah, I'm confused now too. Are you talking about yourself, Mary+Immaculate?

- when you see this [url="http://www.sjm-congregation.org"]www.sjm-congregation.org[/url] and just want to enter right away :bounce:
- when you're a little bit disappointed the picture galery on the new website is empty... (luckily there are enough pictures on top of every page).
- when they describe the 7 steps to become a priest in the congregation and you are totally in step 1 :dance: