An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

PhuturePriest
FP I have grown an inch since August. The guys in my class haven't even grown 3 centimeters...

Don't Doubt me, learn that lesson now!

Darth_Vader_Woman_Make_Me_a_Sandwich_Wha

ChristinaTherese
FP I have grown an inch since August. The guys in my class haven't even grown 3 centimeters...

Don't Doubt me, learn that lesson now!

But, since one inch is 2.54 centimeters, that isn't a fair comparison.... ;)

I wouldn't be so optimistic. Girls stop growing at around thirteen or fourteen. My sister stopped growing whens he was eleven. Girls are not like guys in that they keep growing throughout their teens and into their early twenties. They stop earlier on.

Not true. In terms of height, girls typically stop growing at 15 or 16, with guys stopping growing at 16 or 17. 

PhuturePriest
Not true. In terms of height, girls typically stop growing at 15 or 16, with guys stopping growing at 16 or 17. 

I was told guys keep growing until they are about twenty. My sister stopped growing when she was eleven. But I know that's early, even for girls.

petitpèlerin

Guys typically grow until, what, 17 or 18, but then just might have one last little growth spurt around 19 or 20, as happened to my brother.

Tip to girls: don't ever tell a guy he's short.

Edited by petitpèlerin

Tip to girls: don't ever tell a guy he's short.

Yeah, because they will get whiny and start finding excuses like this:

I'm not short, you're tall! Most of the girls I know are 5'4" to 5'6". Besides, I'm only sixteen. Guys grow later than girls do.

:hehe2:

Lenght has nothing to do with the priesthood, so stop whining about it.  ;)

- when you think you're short but God loves you anyway.

It's not about how tall you are; it's about what you do with what you've got. My son's idol in high school was Michael Jordan, the basketball player. I warned Shimshon that since his Dad is 5'7", his chances of being a future NBA player were fairly slim. [big grin] In fact, Shimshon was a very good athlete in his 20s, but a short one.

Having said that, I'm watching the Bengals-Texans NFL playoff game, and there is this amazing 5'7" player amongst all the 6 foot-plus bruisers...

So what if you have to stand on a box when you celebrate Mass? [where are all the smileys when I want them?] The main thing is to be able to do so.

Edited by Antigonos

- when you even in your dreams start to cast out the devil.

- when people start to advice you to move to the motherhouse as soon as possible and drag a priest into the conversation, demanding him to bring you.

PhuturePriest

- When Brother Fidelis Maria called you this morning and is scheduling your trip sometime between the middle of February and March!

- When Brother Fidelis Maria called you this morning and is scheduling your trip sometime between the middle of February and March!

Sweet! I've been meaning to ask if you were still planning on visiting. I'm glad you are! I doubt I'll be able to visit while you're there, but be sure to let me know when you get a date :)

PhuturePriest
Sweet! I've been meaning to ask if you were still planning on visiting. I'm glad you are! I doubt I'll be able to visit while you're there, but be sure to let me know when you get a date :)

But you have to visit! It would be so cool! I understand your situation so if you cannot come that is okay, but if you have the opportunity it would be awesome if you took it!

I said something like that on the You Know You Are A Future Sister/Nun thread. I must have mixed them up.

I'm not short, you're tall! Most of the girls I know are 5'4" to 5'6". Besides, I'm only sixteen. Guys grow later than girls do.
Then you should get a kick out of this FP! I am the shortest in my family at 5' 9 1/2". My brother is 13 and 6' 3" (built like a tank) and both my parents are 6' at their tallest! It will be scary to see how tall he will be when he stops growing!!! lol :D Edited by 4LoveofJMJ