An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

PhuturePriest
Then you should get a kick out of this FP! I am the shortest in my family at 5' 9 1/2". My brother is 13 and 6' 3" (built like a tank) and both my parents are 6' at their tallest! It will be scary to see how tall he will be when he stops growing!!! lol :D

My height should not be judged because your parents rolled around in toxic waste before having children. :hehe:

- when you really want to excommunicate those who continue to ruin this thread with height issues :pope2: :banned:

- when you receive email from a great Italian priest who once wanted to start a new crusade with you :knight:

- when you just got your first lesson in gregorian chant :winner:

PhuturePriest
- when you really want to excommunicate those who continue to ruin this thread with height issues :pope2: :banned:

- when you receive email from a great Italian priest who once wanted to start a new crusade with you :knight:

It's not my fault. :P

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
It's not my fault. :P

Stop being defensive, pray...repent...and trust God in helping you to COMPLETE YOUR MATH WORK!!!

this message was brought to you by your local friendly Staff Sergeant.

^hmmm, when you are willing to charitably, get more forceful with corrections?

Catholicterp7

Yay to all three of those things! My brother used to always talk about starting a new crusade. Maybe he could join forces with you. :hehe2: 

I love Gregorian chant! It is so beautiful. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

PhuturePriest
Stop being defensive, pray...repent...and trust God in helping you to COMPLETE YOUR MATH WORK!!!

this message was brought to you by your local friendly Staff Sergeant.

^hmmm, when you are willing to charitably, get more forceful with corrections?

Okay.

And I'm working on it! Thank you for yelling at me again. I'll think of your voice tomorrow as I roll out of bed wondering if it is worth it.

- when you stayed in the sacristy after Mass, talking for 2 hours with someone who asked your help and you think: "Waw, where did I find the words to say all this?"

- when this person agreed with you every 5 seconds and was so happy because you gave her all the information she needed.

• 2 weeks later...
PadrePioOfPietrelcino

When at parish social events, like brunches after mass, evening classes, BBQs ect...you eat last just like Fr does, because you get a crowd asking you questions, carrying on conversations, and stopping you every 5 feet to introduce you to yet another face and name you are going to struggle to remember.

When you meet a new person who you do not recognize, says...I think I see you in more masses than Fr.

When you meet a 4 year old little girl helping her mom clean in the Sacristy. Later at home the little girl tells her mom she saw angels around you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

-When you unexpectedly received nunmail and keep smiling the whole day.

-When this Sister invited you to her perpetual vows and you're so sorry you can't be there, because her monastery is 1000 kilometers away....

-When you end up at the studios of Radio Maria and apparently know a lot of people who work there.

-When you serve Mass with a seminarian and keep glancing at eachother to see what the other one would do: "Should we kneel? I want to kneel! But the other servers don't! What do we do?" (seriously, afterwards we realised we were thinking exactly the same thing)

-When these altar servers usually wear some sort of white collar and you're so happy you can wear it too for the occasion.

-When your friends are reacting reeeaaally well when you tell them you want to be a priest.

-When you're learning how to sing gregorian and you're getting better every time.

-When you're invited to go on a pilgrimage to Lourdes and saying no isn't an option.

-When friends jump into a conversation of wich they didn't know the subject with: "Are you going to the seminary?"

-When you already have people who want to visit and you're not even in the motherhouse yet.

• 1 month later...

-when you spend holy week at the monastery and are immediately appointed master of ceremonies.

-when even priests and sisters start to call you father by mistake.

-when you unexpectedly have to sing the Good Friday intercessions and do so like you're a pro.

-when people come to compliment you for your lace :hehe2:

-when people think you have already entered and you have to dissapoint them.

-when you watch The Passion of the Christ on Good Friday with subtitles in a language you don't know, and you don't care because you know the story ;-)

-when you have some doubts about the quality of the Latin of the Roman soldiers, because you actually understand what they say.

-when you have TLM with 3 other altar servers who never served TLM before and manage to let everything go smoothly.

-when you spend a free afternoon visiting churches with a priest.

-when you translate the Easter sermon of the provincial superior for him to use and he is pleasantly surprised when he finds out you did it and not the priest who he asked to do it.

-when he asks his priest to visit him next week and asks if you can come too.

-when you want to spend hours just staring at the tabernacle adoring Our Lord.

-when you start to meet Saint Therese everywhere again :nun2: