You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NonNovi

• PhuturePriest

• PadrePioOfPietrelcino

• filius_angelorum

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like the "you know you are a future nun" topic, but I think it's more appropriate for me to start a new one for the discerning guys here :-) So: You know you are a future priest when -

-You're at the bar giving pep talks peppered with Scripture while inebriated. (A friend who now is a Brother used to do this on rare occasions. He became an amazing firebrand while intoxicated and c

- When you first meme you ever created was this: [img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27260486.jpg[/img]

Were you just there, NonNovi?! I'm going this week, and then to Fatima, with a stop in Spain in either Avila or Toledo (where John of the Cross was imprisoned).

I was there for 5 days a week ago. Lourdes is amazing.

Bon voyage :) Say hi to Our Lady from me!

• Like 1

- when a priest of your community starts to introduce you to everyone as a postulant, even though you officialy aren't one yet.

Um, somehow I missed this one completely first time I read your list, and imho this is the best one. :like:

Edited by petitpèlerin

Aha! So you are becoming Byzantine!

Not if he's becoming Byzantine!

Haha. I doubt they would allow me to switch Rites for the sake of a girl. Plus, she doesn't like me, anyway, so that makes things much easier. :P

- When you just spent two hours writing and perfecting a homily you hope to use as your very first homily, and the first homily you say to every new parish you have.

Anyone curious about it is more than welcome to ask me to message it to them.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Haha. I doubt they would allow me to switch Rites for the sake of a girl. Plus, she doesn't like me, anyway, so that makes things much easier. :P

That's actually a yes and a no...If you were to date and marry someone in a different Rite, then at the time of marriage you can switch Rites with no barriers and are then able to follow that Rite's traditions...but other than that switching Rites for the sake of a girl is not an acceptable reason by itself...

I actually wanted to join an Eastern Rite when I joined the Church, but alas I knew of no options in my area at the time. When a Byzantine mission started in town I thought about beginning a formal process of switching Rites, but I determined that I did not have sufficient reasons to change Rites when I can still recieve valid sacraments and attend the liturgy there when I so desire.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

That's actually a yes and a no...If you were to date and marry someone in a different Rite, then at the time of marriage you can switch Rites with no barriers and are then able to follow that Rite's traditions...but other than that switching Rites for the sake of a girl is not an acceptable reason by itself...

I actually wanted to join an Eastern Rite when I joined the Church, but alas I knew of no options in my area at the time. When a Byzantine mission started in town I thought about beginning a formal process of switching Rites, but I determined that I did not have sufficient reasons to change Rites when I can still receive valid sacraments and attend the liturgy there when I so desire.

ChristinaTherese

-when suddenly everybody wants you to be the MC at their wedding or baptism Mass, or even to be subdeacon in a Solemn High Mass. What's going on?

What's a subdeacon? I mean, I've seen them at Mass once or twice, but I don't understand. What are they?