An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pcc Visit-what To Bring Them?

emmaberry

Strictlyinkblot

Over here in Ireland + UK, yes. To the best of my knowledge any linen and towels you need will be provided.

Thanks strictlyinkblot and mantellata! They do have towels. Also, I think I am going to apply to this community. :)

Thanks for any prayers anyone might've sent my way-they're working, so keep em coming!!!!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340736942' post='2449131']
Thanks strictlyinkblot and mantellata! They do have towels. Also, I think I am going to apply to this community. :)

Thanks for any prayers anyone might've sent my way-they're working, so keep em coming!!!!
[/quote]

Wow! That's wonderful. Did you have a sense of "coming home"? :)

[/quote]

Yay! Which community is it, if you don't mind sharing?

AveMariaPurissima

[/quote]
Yay!!!!! :w00t:

TheresaThoma

[/quote]
If you are ok with sharing we (ok I) would love to hear how it went in more detail!

and YAY!!!

The Roswell Poor Clare Colletines! I felt such a sense of coming home on my drive... Mother said to go home and if the nuns and my visit are incessantly in my thoughts then that means this is my new home. I wasn't awestruck like I thought I would be, it was more of a quiet, peaceful 'I could enter this community and die here' feeling that struck me. Not in a morbid way, just recognizing that I could live and die behind these very walls and that would be okay, as long as its God's will for me, and I think it is. As Mother Mary Francis said on enclosure: 'God is enough, God is enough, and nothing else is enough!'

One thing this has made me realize is that it really is wise (in most circumstances) to check out religious communities near you before you start looking at ones that are across the world. God calls where He wills, but I think often it is more close to home than we initially suppose.

God is so good!

Edited by emmaberry

Totally Franciscan

Indeed, He is good! I wish I had known Mother Mary Francis; pictures of her always bring a smile to my face. I have always wanted to be a Poor Clare Colletine, but now I am too old. Life does have its twists and turns, so perhaps it was not meant to be. Prayers for you emmaberry and for your vocation. I am so very happy for you!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340757646' post='2449269']
The Roswell Poor Clare Colletines! I felt such a sense of coming home on my drive... Mother said to go home and if the nuns and my visit are incessantly in my thoughts then that means this is my new home. I wasn't awestruck like I thought I would be, it was more of a quiet, peaceful 'I could enter this community and die here' feeling that struck me. Not in a morbid way, just recognizing that I could live and die behind these very walls and that would be okay, as long as its God's will for me, and I think it is. As Mother Mary Francis said on enclosure: 'God is enough, God is enough, and nothing else is enough!'

One thing this has made me realize is that it really is wise (in most circumstances) to check out religious communities near you before you start looking at ones that are across the world. God calls where He wills, but I think often it is more close to home than we initially suppose.

God is so good!
[/quote]

Wow! How blessed are you to feel called to the place where Mother Mary Francis lived! I love 'A Right to Be Merry!' In fact, for a while after I read it, I thought I was called to Poor Clare Colettine life because it left me speechless. I know I'm not called to cloistered life but I respect all those who are. Prayers!

maximillion

Jelly....very jelly! Mother's books are some of my favourite, both ante and post the convent.

Blessings and prayers for you emmaberry.

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Thanks everybody-it is such a grace to have the feeling that dear Mother Mary Francis' home will probs be my own as well! I read ARTBM and actually said, "Oh-I don't think that life is for me!" It was almost, how do I put this?..too happy? Joyful? I don't know if that makes sense, but I envisioned contemplative cloistered life more how I read it in St Therese's writings: an intense and sacrificial encounter with Our Lord in the enclosure. Even if I HAD felt drawn to Poor Clare life by ARTBM, I never would have dreamed it would be to the very community of Mother Mary Francis, whom I adore beyond words! I hope she is in heaven, because she has been receiving a lot of my prayers.

Sometimes, I have the tendency to think that, if I really want something or think it would be avvesome, then God will ask me to give it up. I guess I thought that since I loved and admired Mother so much there was no way God would indulge me and let me be called to her community. I also never imagined the first place I visited would be THE place!

Anyway, after visiting, I realized the intensity and self denial is still entirely present in the PCCs...in a way that will be good for me. In a less joyful community/order, I would probably turn inward and focus entirely on myself...the joy present in the Poor Clares, for someone like me, seems to enable the soul to turn outward in charity toward others, rather than encouraging the contemplative to see others as an inconvenience. Not that all cloisters aren't joyful-I have heard Carmies laugh like no others-but the Poor Clare joy is unique and it draws me.....vocation, especially to a particular community, is a mystery-or so I have been told. :) I am actually thinking of starting a topic on the gap between 'oh this is my community!' and actually entering...It is my first day home, and ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT ARE THOSE SISTERS. It is driving me bonkers-I would compare it to being separated from your significant other for an extended amount of time. Very difficult-and it is my first day home!

Sorry this is so long-this is all very exciting, but I can see how it might be kind of :lame: for some. Please forgive my childish excitement! :)[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1340782390' post='2449367']
Jelly....very jelly! Mother's books are some of my favourite, both ante and post the convent.

Blessings and prayers for you emmaberry.
[/quote]
Maximillion: What do you mean by 'ante' and 'post'? Sorry, my lingo is lacking!! And Mother's books are wonderful. I really admire that she has a brain and knows her own opinion, but is also the 'lamb' that contemplatives are described as in My Beloved. So many intelligent women today are sharp, so to speak. She was soft, gentle, and so like Our Lady, always pondering the truths of religious life in her heart!

Edited by emmaberry

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340835214' post='2449655']
Maximillion: What do you mean by 'ante' and 'post'? Sorry, my lingo is lacking!!
[/quote]

Before and after, respectively.