An Old School Catholic Message Board

Psych Exam For Aspirancy

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1342328769' post='2455758']
Yikes... sounds super intense! You have my prayers!
[/quote]

Thank you! I'm very glad that I'm completing this assessment while I'm out of school for the summer. If I had to do the autobiography while I was taking classes, it'd be very difficult to get it done since I'm registered full-time for the fall. :)

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342332220' post='2455769']
:( It does sound straining....not looking forward to it. MM, how are you going about meeting with the Sister's preferred psychiatrist? I know the PCCs have this as well, but I am not sure what exactly it means. Glad your first day of exams/evaluations went well!
[/quote]

It's not necessary "straining." It's just very intensive because you have to think back on your past. For some people that may be easier but I really had to think.

As far as the "preferred" psychologist, this one is actually employed by my diocese. My pastor's brother was involved in the Vocations for the priesthood so he knew him personally. The Sisters know that I'm not working so I couldn't afford a hefty fee.

Now, my friend, Sr. Mary Elizabeth, had to meet with her Sisters' preferred psychologist in St. Louis. This meant that she had to travel from her hometown 5 hours away to have it done. Some religious orders give a list of acceptable psychologists, but most have one that they trust because testing for a religious vocation is very personal and is governed by Canon Law since there are psychological impediments that they must test against. :)

maximillion

This sounds very seriously intense.......makes me think I am pleased I am not discerning with 21st century demands!

Prayers over it all...............

OnlySunshine

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1342544491' post='2456373']
This sounds very seriously intense.......makes me think I am pleased I am not discerning with 21st century demands!

Prayers over it all...............
[/quote]

Thank you! Prayers are most definitely appreciated and needed. Especially since I still have to gather my medical records from 2 sources which I'm not sure how to go about it. I already notified my pastor of the need for my reference letter and sent everything on my end, but it's these two things that still need to be completed plus the final part of the actual assessment. :blush:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

BarbTherese

Thank you very much for sharing so much of yourself, MM. It is moving and beautiful to read. Prayers and please keep me in yours.

OnlySunshine

Wow! It's all becoming real to me. I just got the final medical records release today for my therapist. The one for my ARNP was faxed yesterday to the psychologist's office.

The only thing that I don't have yet is my pastor's reference letter email. I sent the email to him on Sunday after talking to him before Mass, but the psychologist told me that he hasn't received it yet. Of course, that was really early yesterday morning, so it could have happened between then and now. I may have to remind him again this Sunday if he hasn't done it because I would like everything in place so the Provincial Superior can get the results ASAP. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1342731166' post='2457107']
Sooo exciting!
[/quote]

Yes!!! I feel like I'm walking on sunshine because I am so joyful!!! God is so good to me!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWk8TwaqXBI[/media]

• 2 weeks later...
OnlySunshine

I am finally finished with the psychological evaluation!!!! Praise God!!! :yahoo:

I went in at 12:30 and was finished at 2:30. He has to send one of the written tests off to be graded but he told me that he is planning to have everything finished in 2 weeks! I found out that 2 weeks from now will be the Feast Day of St. Clare (August 11th), so I am going to start a novena to her. :)

Thanks for all your prayers, guys! I am so happy to be finished and ready to move on to the next step when the results come in.

St Clare's feast day, you say?!?? :like:

You must have had a very thorough psychologist-the guy I went to does the evaluations for seminarians in the Las Cruces NM diocese and the time was only 2 hours. I am sure that will benefit you in the end, though.

At this point, what is the next step? So exciting for you.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343518746' post='2459827']
St Clare's feast day, you say?!?? :like:

You must have had a very thorough psychologist-the guy I went to does the evaluations for seminarians in the Las Cruces NM diocese and the time was only 2 hours. I am sure that will benefit you in the end, though.

At this point, what is the next step? So exciting for you.
[/quote]

At this point in time, I have to wait and see what the Provincial Superior and/or Mother General say. The Provincial Superior has been waiting several months for the psychological evaluation to be scheduled and completed so she can make a determination as to whether I will be allowed to move on in the aspirancy process or not. Honestly, I can't foresee any problem, but I don't want to speak out of turn. Now is the time for a level head. I am really happy to be done with the test, but I'm allowing God to make the final step and leaving everything in His hands. Thy will be done, Lord. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Blessed&Grateful' timestamp='1343562468' post='2459916']
You are in my prayers MM.
[/quote]

I appreciate your prayers. God bless. :)

• 2 weeks later...
OnlySunshine

I just realized yesterday that Saturday is the earliest that the psychologist said he would get the test results that he sent off. Please pray that he gets them soon and that he submits the final report to the Provincial Superior. I am not anxious or impatient about this at all. Everything is in God's hands and that's how it should be. I couldn't be more peaceful! :)