An Old School Catholic Message Board

Former Franciscan Of The Immaculate Founds Hermitage In Italy Under Bi

inperpetuity

inperpetuity

[b]Brother Alexis is formerly a member of the Franciscans of the Immaculate. Here's the link to his website and a little info from the website. [url="http://www.franciscan-archive.org/"]http://www.franciscan-archive.org/[/url] He responds promptly to emails.[/b]

[center][b]WHY A TRADITIONAL[/b][/center]
[center][b]FRANCISCAN MONASTERY?[/b][/center]

[center][b]Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,[/b][/center]

[img]http://www.franciscan-archive.org/images/alexis.gif[/img]I humbly ask for your help. I am a traditional, Franciscan brother, who observes the Rule of St. Francis in the ancient manner, that is, without mitigations, according to the doctrine of the Roman Pontiffs, especially the great, St. Innocent XI (c. 1670 A.D.), who declared the ancient observance, « forever valid ».

Some of these observances were the non-use of money, the non-ownership of property or of means of transportation, the exclusive use of the Ancient Roman Rite, an apostolate among the people, devotion to the Immaculate Virgin Mary, etc..

For the love of Jesus Christ and His Immaculate Mother, I have dedicated myself to the holy cause of restoring this Ancient Observance.

[b]For years I have searched for a place to build a monastery, with permission of the local Roman Catholic Bishop.[/b]

To this end, inspired in prayer to go to Sicily, by God’s Providence I have recently arrived at the vacant Monastery of S. Maria Scala del Paradiso, outside Noto, in the Province of Siracusa, Italia.

Here I will be for the summer of 2010 A.D..

Since I do not have the need to build a monastery at the present, I ask that donations to this fund cease; the Monastery Fund itself will continue to raise funds if need be.

But instead of removing this page about the fund, which might cause alarm, I am leaving it up.

Be assured of my prayers.

Vocations can contact me at the address on the Contact Page of this website.

Sincerey in Christ,

[i]Br. Alexis Bugnolo[/i]

Edited by inperpetuity

• 4 weeks later...

Have you been in touch with him recently? Do you know how the project is coming along? I'm asking this as I noticed that the website doesn't seem to have been updated since 2010.

inperpetuity

[i]No, I haven't. When I first saw the website I just emailed him and he wrote back quickly.[/i]

inperpetuity

I hear you, and no sisters either, but I would consider Italy, and there are Carthusian nuns there too, but not that you care about that. Am I hijacking my own thread?

[quote name='inperpetuity' timestamp='1344473813' post='2464758']
[i]No, I haven't. When I first saw the website I just emailed him and he wrote back quickly.[/i]
[/quote]

That was in 2010? Perhaps he has simply given up on the internet since. I wonder if he is still holding out there and whether there are any new vocations that have joined him yet.

inperpetuity

[size=6][sub]Ok, it looks like he's gotten off the web as his contact info. no longer includes an email address. So this is his address: [/sub][/size]
[size=6][sub][b][color=blue]The Franciscan Archive[/color][/b][/sub][/size]
[size=6][sub]c/o Santuario Santa Maria Scala del Paradiso[/sub][/size]
[size=6][sub]C.da Santa Maria della Scala[/sub][/size]
[size=6][sub]96017 Noto (SR)[/sub][/size]
[size=6][sub]Italia[/sub][/size]

[size=6][sub]I guess you would have to be pretty serious to write to him. I would have just sent off an email, but I don't think I really have a reason to write.[/sub][/size]

Edited by inperpetuity

• 9 years later...
Stephen Arabadjis

To whom it may concern,

My name is Fr. Stephen Arabadjis.  I am a member of the Society of St. Pius X.  But I am in my 7th year of Sabbatical.

Therefore I was hoping your group could do a 54 day rosary novena for my intentions.  But any prayers and sacrifices would be greatly appreciated.  I know Our Lady will reward you generously for this.

In Our Lady,

Fr. Arabadjis

P.S. Thanking you in advance, since I don't always get all my communications.