An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheiscatholic From Youtube Entering Dsmme

emmaberry101

emmaberry101

Hello!

I love SheIsCatholic's youtube videos. On her last video, she announced that, following her blood sister Anna, she is entering the SMME this August. Praise God! It seems like August, at least with the Dominicans, is the ideal month chosen for entrance.

I am not aware of whether SheIsCatholic is on PM/VS or not. If she is, I hope I don't embarrass her with this post! I am sad that the videos will be coming to an end, but so happy because it is obvious from the channel that she will be a great witness to Christ and His Church-a true Dominican.

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBQt83A4PQ&feature=g-all-u[/background][/size][/font][/color]

filius_angelorum

!!! Goodness gracious! God be praised! Also, God, please let her keep making videos (in your time)!

Recently a seminarian and I were in the computer lounge, watching her videos, and laughing our heads off. She is certainly going to the convent with a better dowry than any money :)

Edited by filius_angelorum

Kylie Spinelli

AAAAAHHHHH I literally am SOOO excited for her!!! How blessed is her family, to have 2 religious vocations, maybe more! (She has other siblings as well) I am so excited for her and I hope that she can continue with the videos. She will be a WONDERFUL sister!! :D
God Bless!

IgnatiusofLoyola

This is great news! Based on her videos, SheIsCatholic will make a wonderful teacher. I had been wondering whether her Sister sister Anna had remained with the Community and become a novice this summer, and I guess the answer is yes!.

Because some of you are discerning with the DSMME's or have been to their retreats, I had a question about something I just ran across. The mention of the DSMME's made me look at their Web site. On the Community's National Expansion map, they have a yellow dot in Northern Indiana listed as "Interim housing for formation." Anyone know anything about this. I don't have an personal need for this info--just curious.

Kayte Postle

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1344216010' post='2463224']
Because some of you are discerning with the DSMME's or have been to their retreats, I had a question about something I just ran across. The mention of the DSMME's made me look at their Web site. On the Community's National Expansion map, they have a yellow dot in Northern Indiana listed as "Interim housing for formation." Anyone know anything about this. I don't have an personal need for this info--just curious.
[/quote]

Currently the sisters are using a renovated Friary there to house some of their sisters that are in formation. Their vocations growth of late has been so rapid that they don't have enough room for everyone at the Motherhouse. Once their priory in Texas is complete I believe they will spread sisters out between the Motherhouse, priory, and their various mission houses, and will no longer be using the Friary.

(someone correct me if I am wrong...)

Edited by Kayte Postle

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1336421696' post='2428201']
There is another type of vocations crisis---that of not having enough space for all the vocations coming in!!!

This has been the problem for the DSMME who are now sending their vocations to a monastery in Indiana for formation until the new Motherhouse is completed in TEXAS.... :woot:
[/quote]

The above quote is from this thread: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/120979-its-the-end-of-th-vocations-crisis-as-we-know-it/"]http://www.phatmass....-as-we-know-it/[/url]

Sounds like it is a 'problem' (I say BLESSING!) with too many sisters in formation and just in general, like you said KP.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by emmaberry