An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheiscatholic From Youtube Entering Dsmme

emmaberry101

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345448358' post='2470522']
I do wish she hadn't chosen that song at the end, but she probably did not know its context or the tragic story of the Sister who sang it. Disclaimer over!
[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right because I didn't know the background story until I just looked it up. That's awful...

But, in other news, I think SheIsCatholic is really funny! I hope she finds what she is looking for with the DSMMEs! :)

The direction the nun chose to take years after she wrote the song does not diminish the beauty of the song itself. It's a sober reminder of the temptations of sin and following our own impulses.

[quote name='andibc' timestamp='1345474856' post='2470602']
The direction the nun chose to take years after she wrote the song does not diminish the beauty of the song itself. It's a sober reminder of the temptations of sin and following our own impulses.
[/quote]

I still don't think it was the best song for the end of a 'Yay religious life!" video. Although, I must say, I appreciate SheIsCatholic's wit-Dominique for Dominic for Dominicans! :P

Kylie Spinelli

She just made a video with tips for making videos... Do you think she's going to pass this along and not record any more videos? Is she leaving the rest up to the NCG?? :sad2:

Kylie Spinelli

Already on it! Although, I sort of doubt I'll be as good as her or RebornPureAdmin... But we can only pray that the Holy Spirit fill us with the right words!

ToJesusMyHeart

I know I could just google it, but could someone post the tragic story of the nun who sings that closing song on here?

Odd that the DSMME's haven't put up pics of the new novices. They have razzle dazzle names, though:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Sr. Karol Augustine, Medfield, MA
Sr. Athanasius, Nashua, NH
Sr. Philothea, Houston, TX
Sr. Bernadette Thérèse, Escondido, CA [size=4][font= ] [/font][/size][/size][/font]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sr. Mercedes, Brooklyn, NY
Sr. Maria Escriva, Auburn, CA
Sr. Elias Maria, Stratford, CT
Sr. Pio Maria, Worchester, MA
Sr. Mary Solanus, Lapeer, MI
Sr. Marie Jeanette, Davidson, NC
Sr. John Michael, Richmond, MO
Sr. Fulton Marie, New Ulm, MN
Sr. Incarnata, Binghampton, NY[/font][/size][/color]

Catholicterp7

Ahhhhh I'm so happy for her! :D That was the first community I visited and the first community I seriously discerned with. I've since discerned that I'm not called there but I have a spot in my heart for all of the DSMME. God bless her and all who enter with her.
Also I believe the order will now have three sets of blood sisters.

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1345516012' post='2471038']
Also I believe the order will now have three sets of blood sisters.
[/quote]

I laughed when I read this. That is great!

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1346036060' post='2474710']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLTP6ohnV0[/media]
[/quote]

For a second there I thought she was wearing some form of the postulant outfit-the maroon thing looks like a postulant vest at some points. "I thought they wore blue?," I said. Anyway, very excited for her and LISA!!!!!!