An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Minor Now Poor Clares

PhuturePriest

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1344623019' post='2465644']
This is super exciting to hear about!! :heart: They so beautiful and authentically poor! like the first followers of Sts. Francis and Clare :pray:

So this is probably a little premature, but does anyone know, do they have plans to become aggregated into the Order of St. Clare (and thus, profess Solemn Vows)? (also the Franciscan Brothers Minor) It first starts with being affiliated with the Order, and then they become aggregated <-- officially part of.
[/quote]
O wow! I can't answer that, but if you'd like, you can send an email to franciscanbrothersminor@hotmail.com and someone can print it out for Fr. David Mary to read and answer.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344527228' post='2465028']
That's amesome! The Franciscan Brothers Minor are my favorite Community and I feel most called to them, so it would be amesome if we both joined the same Order!
[/quote]
Uh-oh! :shock: :sos: :twitch:

Just kidding...or am I? I hope you can visit them sometime; they're really amesome! I met the brothers before I met the sisters, so the brothers are definitely part of the reason I first looked into the sisters. I hung out a bit with Br. Fidelis Wednesday--be jealous :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344641827' post='2465792']
O wow! I can't answer that, but if you'd like, you can send an email to franciscanbrothersminor@hotmail.com and someone can print it out for Fr. David Mary to read and answer.

Uh-oh! :shock: :sos: :twitch:

Just kidding...or am I? I hope you can visit them sometime; they're really amesome! I met the brothers before I met the sisters, so the brothers are definitely part of the reason I first looked into the sisters. I hung out a bit with Br. Fidelis Wednesday--be jealous :hehe2:
[/quote]

Oh, whatever. :P

That's amazing! Brother Fidelis Maria is the greatest vocations director I have ever contacted. He just calls me up sometimes just to see how I'm doing with discernment and everything. He either is very loving and dedicated, or he just has nothing better to do, and with their prayer schedule I would say it is likely the former.

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1344629254' post='2465679']
Wow Chiquitunga-you have so much knowledge! Thanks for enriching VS with your informative posts. :like:
[/quote]
Aw thanks, but not really. And if I know anything, I think it's because I've been around here way too long, lol :hehe: .. also especially because of a good priest :priest: who used to be the chaplain at a Carmel who is very generous in answering all of my questions :like:

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344641827' post='2465792']
O wow! I can't answer that, but if you'd like, you can send an email to franciscanbrothersminor@hotmail.com and someone can print it out for Fr. David Mary to read and answer.[/quote]

Peace and all good! :smile3: Thanks for the idea! I just sent one and I will you all know how they reply!

Pax_et bonum

[url="http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/PSSC_Slideshows.html"]The slideshow[/url] of pictures from the open house and enclosure Mass is up!

[img]http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home_1_files/IMG_7114.jpg[/img]
Mount Calvary in the cloister backyard. (I may be in the background of this picture...)

[img]http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home_1_files/IMG_7309.jpg[/img]

Edited by Pax_et bonum

Could someone post more of the pictures embedded on PM in their post? I would greatly appreciate it, as the slideshows are only loading a quarter of the way on the site.

Pax_et bonum

Sorry, I got those two pictures off the front of their website. I'm uploading them to youtube for ya'll; here's the first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takSTaZ9gSY&feature=youtu.be

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1345250335' post='2469441']
Sorry, I got those two pictures off the front of their website. I'm uploading them to youtube for ya'll; here's the first.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takSTaZ9gSY&feature=youtu.be[/media]
[/quote]

I know youtube can take more effort than you'd think to get a video up, so thank you so much!!

Pax_et bonum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CnZF1T-ugc&feature=youtu.be
It's just taking awhile to upload, but I'm passing the time watching Doctor Who so it's all good :) (dang it! I can't even type without thinking in a British accent!)

PhuturePriest

Those slideshows are amesome! Do you know if the Friars will ever get to visit them? I know at least a few have to in order to administer the Sacraments and such, but will it just be a select few or will every Friar at some point get to meet all of them?

Edited by FuturePriest387

That church is BEAUTIFUL! I can't quite tell, but it looks like the outside church looks at the altar straight on and the sisters are looking at the altar from the side. Which I find interesting, because my sisters are the opposite way around.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345270088' post='2469609']
Those slideshows are amesome! Do you know if the Friars will ever get to visit them? I know at least a few have to in order to administer the Sacraments and such, but will it just be a select few or will every Friar at some point get to meet all of them?
[/quote]

I'd guess so. My guess would be they'd visit for solemn professions and things like that, but I could be wrong.

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345270088' post='2469609']
[/quote]
There's less contact than before, for sure. With the friars living on just the other side of the lot, I'm sure there will be some interaction. The brothers and nuns will probably gather in the parlor for special events like profession as Emily said; they're still family. I'd guess that they'd see the extern sister(s) the most, there's at least one at the moment. The brothers might meet the women before they enter, too. Since they can't go in the cloister, maybe they'll be with the friars a little in addition to spending time with the extern. That's my guess; you may not want to take it as pure fact. Ask Br. Fidelis next time you talk.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345278669' post='2469635']
That church is BEAUTIFUL! I can't quite tell, but it looks like the outside church looks at the altar straight on and the sisters are looking at the altar from the side. Which I find interesting, because my sisters are the opposite way around.
[/quote]
You're right. I've seen it both ways, and I kinda like this way better (obviously not a focal point in my discernment, though). Also, the choir is behind the wall where the alter it. You can still see where there used to be doors to get back there when it used to be the sacristy, but they're sealed now.