An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown Thread

Lisa

I wrote this reflection down during our week at the convent, and thought I would share with you all. It comes from a book called 'Anima Christi" by Mother Mary Francis, PCC (emmaberry, you're so lucky to be entering a community of her spiritual daughters!)

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=4]"[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=3]How often are we consciously aware that when we add our "Amen" to a prayer, we are making a solemn agreement to what the prayer puts forth? We have said by our 'Amen' "This I believe, this I will do, with this I agree."[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]And our Lady's fiat at the Annunciation? "Let it be! I am his handmaid." But what a lifetime of 'amens' had to follow upon that splendid hour and that glorious fiat. To what avail the heart-shaking fiat of her initial surrender if she had not uttered the suffering 'amens' of all the years that followed?[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]Then, too, we do have some particular fiats of our own. Those who are professed religious have said the mighty fiat of our vowed life- Let this be- that I will be given to a life of obedience, of chastity, of poverty. Fiat is the great word of our Profession just as it is the word of marriage vows, and indeed of every sincere and determined dedication. Let it be- this total surrender that involves a whole lifetime of effort and striving.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]The 'Amen' of everyday must speak the truth of our fiat. There is much required for a fiat. And yet, fiat is really easier to say than 'amen.' For every fiat requires hosts of amens to be complete.[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=4]" -[/size][/font][font=Verdana]Mother Mary Francis, PCC (Anima Christi)[/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Lisa

That is just wonderful!

Thanks for sharing.

I think i said already, I'll say it again, I'm so excited for you! :woot:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1346003686' post='2474470']
I wrote this reflection down during our week at the convent, and thought I would share with you all. It comes from a book called 'Anima Christi" by Mother Mary Francis, PCC (emmaberry, you're so lucky to be entering a community of her spiritual daughters!)

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=4]"[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=3]How often are we consciously aware that when we add our "Amen" to a prayer, we are making a solemn agreement to what the prayer puts forth? We have said by our 'Amen' "This I believe, this I will do, with this I agree."[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]And our Lady's fiat at the Annunciation? "Let it be! I am his handmaid." But what a lifetime of 'amens' had to follow upon that splendid hour and that glorious fiat. To what avail the heart-shaking fiat of her initial surrender if she had not uttered the suffering 'amens' of all the years that followed?[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]Then, too, we do have some particular fiats of our own. Those who are professed religious have said the mighty fiat of our vowed life- Let this be- that I will be given to a life of obedience, of chastity, of poverty. Fiat is the great word of our Profession just as it is the word of marriage vows, and indeed of every sincere and determined dedication. Let it be- this total surrender that involves a whole lifetime of effort and striving.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=4][font=Verdana][size=3]The 'Amen' of everyday must speak the truth of our fiat. There is much required for a fiat. And yet, fiat is really easier to say than 'amen.' For every fiat requires hosts of amens to be complete.[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=4]" -[/size][/font][font=Verdana]Mother Mary Francis, PCC (Anima Christi)[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Thanks for posting! I love that book. :love: God willing, I will enter there.

Only Monday left now, really! Question: are you wearing your postulant outfit there, or do you change once you reach Ann Arbor, or is there a post-entrance period where you don't wear any sort of outfit? Thanks!

I will see Lisa in her dominican swag this November. :woot:

"It's like once the girls put the swag on, they put gorgeous up on a huge notch like it has never been done before"

This means: Once girls start wearing their postulant outfits....the volume of their love becomes to an extreme and they will glow with beauty and joy.

littlesister

Congratulations, Lisa. You'll be in my prayers, too. My entrance anniversary is the day after yours, the 29th. It will be fifty years. I hope that yours will be as happy as mine have been. The Lord is a wonderful husband.

[quote name='littlesister' timestamp='1346033539' post='2474661']
Congratulations, Lisa. You'll be in my prayers, too. My entrance anniversary is the day after yours, the 29th. It will be fifty years. I hope that yours will be as happy as mine have been. The Lord is a wonderful husband.
[/quote]

Wow..just got a little teary. Thank you for your service to the Church!

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1346032721' post='2474649']
I'll wear a regular outfit there, and then change into my postulant outfit.
[/quote]

Thank you for the information! You can see that I ask very trivial questions.

You have my prayers as you say goodbye to your loved ones, travel to the convent, and settle in. :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I don't know if you'll see this before you leave, but I'll post it anyway.

Thank you for being a real example. Not only for me, but for all of us. You are someone who is very "real", but is striving for holiness in the extreme way that so many of us on VS desire. You will be in my prayers always.

Thank you, Lisa. Thank you Jesus, for Lisa.

Okay. This is it! 1 day. This time tomorrow, I will be nearing the convent. :dance5: Before I leave, my priest is coming to the house to give an early morning Mass for my family. God bless him!

Thank you all for your prayers. I promise that I will be praying for you.

I just put powdered sugar instead of flour in a turkey tetrazinni recipe, so I'm hanging up my cooking apron and am going to relax for the rest of the day! I went to walmart and bought a new watch, and everything is pretty much sorted. The details are mostly in place; I'm entrusting Jesus with the rest of them!

If you would like to write, the address is on the Sisters' website, and AnneLinne also has it. Letters can be addressed to "Sr. Lisa." :) I'd love to hear about impending entrances, live-ins, and just random things!!!!

Phatmass, particularly VS, has been an amazing presence in my life, and I've learned a lot about the faith these last couple of years. You've been beautiful witnesses to the Lord's great love and unique plan for all of us. Thank you times a million. :buddies2: :flowers: :love:

May God bless you. Stay close to our Lady; she is our model and mother!!!!!!! :nun: