An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown Thread

Lisa

5 days and a wake-up!!!!!!!!!
Just had a beautiful send-off party with my college friends :) They made me a cake with a habit and a rosary on it, and gave me an amazing spiritual bouquet- I'll need all those prayers.

*peaceful sigh. Resting in the arms of Jesus, with Mary tucking me in. Just content.

Edited by Lisa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1345695249' post='2472413']
Just had a beautiful send-off party with my college friends :) They made me a cake with a habit and a rosary on it, and gave me an amazing spiritual bouquet- I'll need all those prayers.

*peaceful sigh. Resting in the arms of Jesus, with Mary tucking me in. Just content.
[/quote]

Wow Lisa-this is beautiful!

I have heard 'spiritual bouquets' mentioned a lot here on VS...what exactly is this? Does it look like a bouquet? I am guessing not, as rolling up papers with devotional acts on them into flowers seems difficult, and these bouquets seem to be so common.

Spiritual bouquets are the best things ever! It's where people promise prayers for you (a rosary, a Holy Hour, etc.) instead of a gift. It can come in a variety of packages. Usually, when I would plan spiritual bouquets for our priests and the like, I would put them in a spiritual reading book or a journal. When the bishop came to our newman center, we gave him a tear-off calendar with each of our prayers on a page. For mine, they actually made them into flat flowers- each person wrote their prayer/message on a petal, and they were pinned in the middle and fanned (so, when not fanned out, it folds into something very small). The person making them actually checked with the VD to make sure I could bring them, and I can! How sweet is it that she would check?

dominicansoul

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1345695249' post='2472413']

[/quote]

I saw the picture on facebook! So sweet!

So far I'm up to three items that are missing. Two of which were placed "in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it." :|
St. Anthony, pray for us.

I like cake

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1345771332' post='2473212']
So far I'm up to three items that are missing. Two of which were placed "in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it." :|
St. Anthony, pray for us.
[/quote]

:|

MissScripture

Lisa, it just occurred to me that you're going to be entering with a gal who was at my sister's "bachelorette party" before my sister entered the Nashville Dominicans!

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1345776412' post='2473263']
Lisa, did you check your freezer/refrigerator? How about under the bed? the closet?? your car???
[/quote]

I would certainly hope a wristwatch, slip, and umbrella didn't end up in the freezer/refrigerator. Although, I did put a can of pineapple in the fridge once. Under the bed, yes. Closet, most of the way. Will look more tomorrow. The car has potential for the umbrella; I'm going to look in the morning.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1345776501' post='2473265']
Lisa, it just occurred to me that you're going to be entering with a gal who was at my sister's "bachelorette party" before my sister entered the Nashville Dominicans!
[/quote]

Initials A.P.?

Edited by Lisa