An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movie "miracle Of St. Therese" On Ewtn September

Laudem Gloriae

Laudem Gloriae

This is the 1959 black and white movie made in France with either really good dubbed in English or they spoke English - but I think it was dubbed? I love this movie and it's the best one on St. Therese. It's on EWTN this month:

EWTN Cinema

[b]"MIRACLE OF SAINT THERESE"[/b]

This acclaimed feature film made in France in 1959 follows the life of Carmelite nun, St. Therese of Lisieux from her childhood through her death and explores her unique spirituality, known as the Little Way. The French acctress, France Descaut even looks a little like St. Therese.

[b]Show Day - Saturday[/b]
[b]Show Date - 9/22/12[/b]
[b]Start Time[/b] - 7:00 pm - ***THIS IS CENTRAL TIME, CHECK FOR YOUR TIME ZONE
[b]Duration - 1:30 hrs[/b]

[img]http://www.ignatius.com/Content/Site107/ProductImages/MST-M.jpg[/img]
This is the acclaimed dramatic feature film made in France in 1960 that tells the story of the life of Therese of Lisieux from childhood through her death as a Carmelite nun at age 24. Film critics have called it “an excellent, reverent biopic” on St. Therese that accurately portrays the saint’s story and her unique spirituality in a very appealing performance by French actress France Descaut. The movie offers numerous glimpses into Therese’s “little way” of spiritual childhood, (her particular charism that helped make her a Doctor of the Church) including situations of conflict between Therese and her mother prioress regarding her conviction of striving for perfection with confidence and trust in the mercy and love of God. Beautifully filmed in black and white, with fine performances by the whole cast, this film is an unsung cinematic gem that captures the spirit and life of the beloved St. Therese.
“Blending historical drama with elements of documentary, [i]Miracle of Saint Thérèse[/i] effectively brings the saint’s story and spirituality to life... Beautifully shot in black and white, the film makes excellent use of convincing locations, sets and costumes, and is persuasively mounted throughout.”

[img]http://www.ignatius.com/Images/Products/mst-m_samples.jpg[/img]

Thanks for letting us know! Yes, this is definitely [u][b]the best[/b][/u] movie on her!!! :heart: Very much worth buying but if you can't, try to catch it here :like: