An Old School Catholic Message Board

News From Nunsense

AccountDeleted

VeniJesuAmorMi

Praised be Jesus Christ! Now and forever. :)

I hope everything is working out well Nunsense; and that you have a safe flight!

AccountDeleted

My latest vocaton blog now posted [url="http://monasterymusing.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/musings-from-melbourne.html"]http://monasterymusi...-melbourne.html[/url]

It's good to be posting again! :)

But I'm missing my home already.
[img]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/nunsense/Website044_zpsfc9571a5.jpg[/img]

Lovely to read your blog again, nunsense, and I am already praying for all that red tape to be expedited so you may return very quickly, or at least as you desired, and be 'home' for the celebrations.

AccountDeleted

It's funny. I never thought I could be happy away from the convent but I am realising that happiness is something you carry around inside yourself. Maybe I'm just more content since I know that I will be going back, even if it takes awhile, but it is nice to know that right now, I can still be with God. Maybe I'm growing up? :P

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1351034629' post='2496592']
It's funny. I never thought I could be happy away from the convent but [b]I am realising that happiness is something you carry around inside yourself.[/b] Maybe I'm just more content since I know that I will be going back, even if it takes awhile, but it is nice to know that right now, I can still be with God. Maybe I'm growing up? :P
[/quote]

Props. Something to help all of us who are in one stage of waiting or another. I get so busy wondering if I will ever get into a convent. God is with me here and now and I can (and should) love Him wherever I might be.

AccountDeleted

I spent today driving myself insane with bureaucratic paperwork and public servants (my sister is one so I love them but some of them are so dense). The South Australian Records office phoned me this morning to say that my ID didn't show my current residence on it (it was on the back of my driver's license, but that didn't show in the photocopy). I asked why they needed proof of where I live since I could be applying for this ertificate from anywhere in the world but she said their form does state that they need proof of my current residence, so after a deep sigh I agreed to send a photocopy of my new driver's licence which has the new address on the front. This one document was first applied for in August but they keep finding reasons not to send it to me! She asked me to fax it and I I said I didn't have a fax, could I email it, but of course not - that's too modern. She wanted it by fax, so I walked up to the local shops asking if anyone still had a fax machine and could they send it for me, and I did find a chemist shop that said they would do it - but she stared at me first and said that no one asks for things to be faxed anymore so she was surprised and didn't understand what I wanted at first. It was funny. I could have scanned the license and emailed it faster than all my walking and searching could do, but it seems the South Australians don't have email yet. Gotta laugh I guess.

Then I spent a hundred years (slight exaggeration) filling out online visa application forms for the UK (saved now and to be processed when I get all my documents). Then I spent another hundred years trying to complete an absentee ballot for the US presidential election (decided that even with very little choice, it was a citizen's duty to vote).I know that absentee votes are meaningless really but I had to make the effort. So that involved more filling out and printing and scanning and emailing (it said I could email the ballot and then post the original but I had to sign a statement saying that I knew I was losing my anonymous vote this way). So that's done.

Then I contacted my boss and she sent me some work - oh no - nose to the grindstone again - but I will need the money for visa fees and other expenses.

I am exhausted and yet most of my day was just about paperwork!! I think I will go have a nice cuppa tea now. Such a baby aren't I?

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]"All red taped is BANNED in Heaven." [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]Except for ticker tape parades![/font][/color]

AccountDeleted

Today was even more paperwork but I think I am seeing a lull for a few days - at least until some documents get sent to me from South Australia and then the US. So maybe next week it will all come again but for today and tomorrow - rest. I am now just doing my transcription work (for money!).

Please may I ask for prayers for the Carmelite communities of Golder's Green and Upholland. These two communities are merging and moving into a new monastery together but they have been experiencing a lot of delays along the way and it seems they just had another one and may not be moving until November (it should have been much sooner). Golder's Green actually moved out of their convent over five years ago (while I was at Wolverhampton) and they moved in with the Preston community to wait. Upholland has been packing and getting ready to move but have experienced problems and delays. So let's pray that both communities finally are able to move in together and get settled and started on their new life as one community now. One of the nuns from Wolverhampton goes to Upholland to help them with their packing from time to time, and she thought that this last visit was really her last but it seems she is going to have to make yet another visit. The sisters of these two communities are getting on in years so the delays and the work are taking its toll on them. Prayers please. :pray:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1351147291' post='2497475']
Today was even more paperwork but I think I am seeing a lull for a few days - at least until some documents get sent to me from South Australia and then the US. So maybe next week it will all come again but for today and tomorrow - rest. I am now just doing my transcription work (for money!).

Please may I ask for prayers for the Carmelite communities of Golder's Green and Upholland. These two communities are merging and moving into a new monastery together but they have been experiencing a lot of delays along the way and it seems they just had another one and may not be moving until November (it should have been much sooner). Golder's Green actually moved out of their convent over five years ago (while I was at Wolverhampton) and they moved in with the Preston community to wait. Upholland has been packing and getting ready to move but have experienced problems and delays. So let's pray that both communities finally are able to move in together and get settled and started on their new life as one community now. One of the nuns from Wolverhampton goes to Upholland to help them with their packing from time to time, and she thought that this last visit was really her last but it seems she is going to have to make yet another visit. The sisters of these two communities are getting on in years so the delays and the work are taking its toll on them. Prayers please. :pray:
[/quote]

The poor communities.. The move and delays must be very hard on them, especially since they are older as you said. :( Many prayers.