An Old School Catholic Message Board

" Little Birthday Gift To Our Blessed Mother " Sr. Mary...

Chiquitunga

Alberto Guimaraes

Peace and Good!

I am a simple and humble secular franciscan brother,

When I joined SFO I did a private vow to wear the holy SFO habit and be barefoot whenever possible.

My opinion is that franciscan / clarean orders imply bare feet or, at least, sandals.

Jesus and Mary be with you, bless you and keep you!

Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS

Braga - Portugal

PrayerSupporter

Seeing this topic come up again reminded me that the sisters' Christmas 2014 newsletter said: "Saturday, September 13th [2014] was another day of great rejoicing when our Sister Mary Agnes of the Divine Bridegroom made her first profession of vows surrounded by the community and her family and friends who were able to attend the ceremony.  The JOY of a heart captured by Christ was contagious, as sister radiated the happiness of belonging totally to Him and her readiness to seek perfect charity according to our rule and constitutions.  During the rite of profession the newly professed receives a Franciscan cord with four knots symbolizing the four vows, the black veil of consecration, a copy of our rule and constitutions, and the breviary, and she is commissioned to pray the Divine Office in the name of the Church." 

May God richly bless Sister Mary Agnes, the Poor Clares at Rockford and around the world, and all people who love him dearly.