An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emmaberry's Pcc Countdown

emmaberry101

Godspeed Emma to your beautiful life with your spouse and for Gods people. I have watched your journey and now you -and Nunsense - have inspired me a grandma in New Zealand (and an ex novice and postulant in 2 orders 5 decades ago) to join the Phorum rather than observe on the sideline.
I think this to be a wonderful community of support and sharing with an amazing alumni of prayerful members who hopefully never forget those left behind - or following after. Another example of the Mystical Body of Christ. Please know you will not be forgotten in the Southern Hemisphere and please remember us too in your prayers.

Joeysgirl, thank you for deciding to begin posting.  I observed for a long time, and although I don't get to post as often as I'd like, I appreciate all of the wisdom, love, and encouragement on VS...so post away.  We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Emmaberry, you are almost home (or maybe already as I missed any timeline info).  The book that inspired me to give ALL to Our Lord was "A Right to Be Merry."  May you be always In Corde Regis (in the Heart of the King).

ChristinaTherese
Godspeed Emma to your beautiful life with your spouse and for Gods people. I have watched your journey and now you -and Nunsense - have inspired me a grandma in New Zealand (and an ex novice and postulant in 2 orders 5 decades ago) to join the Phorum rather than observe on the sideline.
I think this to be a wonderful community of support and sharing with an amazing alumni of prayerful members who hopefully never forget those left behind - or following after. Another example of the Mystical Body of Christ. Please know you will not be forgotten in the Southern Hemisphere and please remember us too in your prayers.

Welcome to the Phorum!

Joeysgirl, thank you for deciding to begin posting.  I observed for a long time, and although I don't get to post as often as I'd like, I appreciate all of the wisdom, love, and encouragement on VS...so post away.  We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Emmaberry, you are almost home (or maybe already as I missed any timeline info).  The book that inspired me to give ALL to Our Lord was "A Right to Be Merry."  May you be always In Corde Regis (in the Heart of the King).

Emma enters on Sunday morning at 9:30 (New Mexico time).

Welcme to both of you!   If you want, start a 'welcome' thread in either Vocation Station or on the Open Mic and let us welcome you appropriately.  Just what you put above is fine.... and as a married woman who likes to support vocations, I'm glad to see that some of us who will be around to support the vocations are starting to post.  :welcome:

Dear Emmaberry,

May your life as a PCC be one of many blessings & joys.  Thank you for saying "yes" to God's call.  Please know that you're in my prayers.  What is it now--12 hours and counting?  :nun1:

:welcome: Joeysgirl!

Sunday is right around the corner!! I wonder how Emma is sleeping tonight??...I would be huggin my fav pillow and making the cat sleep. With me!! Lol

VeniJesuAmorMi

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Hello Emmaberry! I'll be at Holy Mass in less than an hour now. I don't know if you'll be checking in before you leave, but I wanted to let you know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers while I'm there and really throughout the whole day. Maybe at some point (I think you had mentioned it before?) that we could get an update on you. It would be nice to know! :) Either way, I'll be checking the website of your community from time to time and looking at the newsletter!

May Our Lord's joy and peace be always with you during your journey through religious life and His grace of perseverance also. Please keep us in your prayers.

Rosa immaculata

Ave Maria!

"This is the day, the day which the Lord has made"!! Emma, I pray the Blessed Virgin to protect you for the rest of your life; I really admire the people who enter in the religious life, it seems so painful... God bless you always, new Spouse of Christ! (one more, yeah :) ).

Maybe at some point (I think you had mentioned it before?) that we could get an update on you. It would be nice to know! :) Either way, I'll be checking the website of your community from time to time and looking at the newsletter!

Here was her last (well 2nd to last) post here, which you may have missed, http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/123980-emmaberrys-pcc-countdown/?p=2531674

Congratulations to Emma today!!! :clap:  :nun2:

I prayed for her when I was at Mass this morning that she would be strengthened by the Eucharist!  What a beautiful day to enter -- not only is it the Baptism of Our Lord but also Vocation Awareness Week!  My priest was talking about vocations a lot in Mass today and I kept thinking, "Emma is about to enter!  Praise God!"  :yahoo:

We must pray for her tonight.  The first night is always the hardest away from family.  My friend told me she cried herself to sleep -- partly because she was so joyful to finally be with her Sisters and partly because she was already homesick. 

When I went to mass this morning, I prayed for Emma and also lit a candle!! I hope she can feel all of our love and the strength of our prayers giving her support O;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Picture of Emma on the Imagine Sisters Facebook page today!

http://www.facebook.com/ImagineSisters

That's awesome!  Such a terrific idea to take a picture of you in front of the monastery with the t-shirt.  I might do the same someday (God-willing!).  I love that shirt but I need to wear it more often.  ;)