An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

Since the Sisters' visitation ended last week, I thought I'd start a fresh topic. I just started the novena to St. Therese of Lisieux last night as planned, asking for her blessings and intercession. The Provincial Superior will be returning to the United States next week, so who better to pray a novena to than my trusty friend, Therese? ;)

As this week continues, please pray that I will hear from the Superior as soon as she returns (or sooner!). I'm leaving Sunday, October 7th, for California and I don't want to miss her call. She has a bad habit (no pun intended!) of losing my information, so I may call her back next week. I haven't spoken to her since August 17th.

ETA: I hate to keep repeating this but I am keeping the order private until the news of my acceptance is official. Thanks for your understanding and prayers! :blowkiss:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I get it.... you don't want to tell anyone so that more people will pray that you get accepted because they are all sooo curious to find out what order it is!!!

:saint:

I was joking btw... prayers for you

[quote name='carmenchristi' timestamp='1348546540' post='2486356']
I get it.... you don't want to tell anyone so that more people will pray that you get accepted because they are all sooo curious to find out what order it is!!!

:saint:

I was joking btw... prayers for you
[/quote]

That's the gist of it! :hehe2:

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1348563950' post='2486420']
You SO deserve to have your answer soon..............

Prayers.
[/quote]

Thanks, maximillion. :blowkiss:

Bev Bowers Rogers

You are in our prayers! You are only human..and waiting for as long as you have...it is only natural to be chomping at the bit by now so to speak.My fingers are crossed in faith that you will be getting some news that will be making the wait well worth it! (I wouldnt disclose the community at this time either)

[quote name='Bev Bowers Rogers' timestamp='1348607338' post='2486649']
You are in our prayers! You are only human..and waiting for as long as you have...it is only natural to be chomping at the bit by now so to speak.My fingers are crossed in faith that you will be getting some news that will be making the wait well worth it! (I wouldnt disclose the community at this time either)
[/quote]

Thank you, Bev, and welcome to Phatmass! :)

I hope that you will have some good news before you leave for California. Prayers that your patience and perseverance will soon be rewarded.

[font=georgia,serif][i]Seems like God has been immersing me in His loving embrace the last few days. I have been in a really great mood because I have confidence that this will happen -- I just have to have faith! I've never felt so peaceful about a community until now. Even when I was discerning and hopeful that I would find my home with the Carmelites or the CFRs, the peace was never instilled in my heart. I pray that this will come to pass and I will hear news of my acceptance and impending entrance very soon. I keep playing my favorite love song to Jesus that was my witness song during CRHP back in March this year. [/i][/font]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62gfhirHH0[/media]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[font=georgia,serif][i]I've continued to pray the 9-day novena asking for St. Therese's intercession and haven't missed a day yet. It's hard not to get discouraged when you don't hear anything for a long time, but I keep hanging on to the hope that I will hear soon. Please continue to pray! Thanks! :blowkiss:[/i][/font]