An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

[font=georgia,serif][i]I have to admit that this week has been really rough. I don't have my own car anymore due to maintenance costs, so I've been stuck at home. My mom is going out of town this weekend to see my sister and I don't have a way to do things on my own. I thought about renting a car (since I have the money now for the deposit) but then I realized I probably wouldn't qualify since I have no credit.[/i][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][i]This week really stinks. I don't know if it's because I'm just really tired or if the waiting game is getting to me, but I need prayers that this passes. I haven't felt like this in a long time but I figured it was coming since I like getting out of the house on the weekends. I am looking into possibly getting an alternate form of transportation after I get rid of my non-working car -- like a moped.[/i][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][i]I really cannot wait to get to California next weekend and be away from the house for a while. :)[/i][/font]

[quote name='StClare_OraProNobis' timestamp='1348834277' post='2487562']
Don't be afraid to take the bus somewhere fun or to just walk around your neighborhood park! (Maybe make it a rosary walk!)
[/quote]

[font=georgia,serif][i]I sat outside for about an hour just reading my Vision magazine and soaking up some sunshine. It felt so good outside this morning. My mom recommended I do it and I'm so glad I did because I feel much better. Maybe I was just Vitamin D deficient? LOL! Either way, I feel much better. I'm relaxed and peaceful again. :)[/i][/font]

Joan Marie Wandel

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1348845982' post='2487603']
[font=georgia,serif][i]I sat outside for about an hour just reading my Vision magazine and soaking up some sunshine. It felt so good outside this morning. My mom recommended I do it and I'm so glad I did because I feel much better. Maybe I was just Vitamin D deficient? LOL! Either way, I feel much better. I'm relaxed and peaceful again. :)[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Which vision magazine?

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1348872742' post='2487735']

Which vision magazine?
[/quote]

This year's Vision Magazine from Vocation Network. :)

A moped sounds like a wonderful idea! You could always donate your car to a animal rescue group or shelter. They will sell it at auction and use the funds in helping homeless animals. (I have donated 2 cars to the Progressive Animal welfare) Saying to yourself.."This to shall pass" may shed a new light on the waiting. Plus true to murphy's Law..the minute you decide to immerse yourself into finding yourself a moped...the next thing you know..you be be hearing from them!! Thanks for the welcome! I am new..and love all the helpful information you all offer on here!

[i][font=georgia,serif]This morning, while cleaning up, I was listening to my iPod and this song came on. I had completely forgotten I had it in my song list but it was perfect for what I was experiencing this morning. I stopped what I was doing and sung along and just absorbed all the words. After that, I realized I needed to get outside for a while and away from the noise of my fan. Being outside in God's beautiful natural setting refreshed me. I truly feel like a new person.[/font][/i]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVi4jth2XSg[/media]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[font=georgia,serif][i]I just realized this morning that this is the week that the Provincial Superior is scheduled to return from the Motherhouse in Europe. I will be praying extra hard at Church this morning and tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the feast day of St. Therese of Lisieux so I keep hoping for her to ask God to grant a miracle, that I may be accepted to enter my prospective community. The peace has been there all weekend. It was difficult on Friday but yesterday I barely thought about it which is a very good thing. I am glad the peace is back. :)[/i][/font]

[i][font=georgia,serif]Also, I wanted to mention that I think my pastor knows about the community's decision. When I was talking with a friend last weekend, we were sitting together at a table in the parish hall and my pastor was there as well. When I started talking about it, he was looking at me funny and I was trying so hard not to laugh. It must be his poker face or something. He's pretty good at keeping secrets so I'm sure he won't tell me before the community. :hehe2:[/font][/i]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Even though I've been mostly absent from Phatmass, I've been remembering you Mater in my prayers! I'll continue to do so. It's been such a long journey for you and I'm so glad that you'll know so soon!

God bless, as always