An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Blessed&Grateful' timestamp='1351214371' post='2497793']
Mater, please call the superior and let her know, although you have the patience of a saint, we here (okay I) do NOT. So please send the letter again AND by email so that my I can breathe again....

:hehe2:

On a serious note you are in my thoughts and prayers, honestly your vocation almost feels like my own. God Bless!
[/quote]

I told someone else by PM that I'm going to find a novena to St. Jude or St. Expeditus (or some other saint for desperate cases) to get that letter here. I don't want it to be lost somewhere. I don't want my first interaction with the Motherhouse to be a phone call or email saying I never got said letter. :)

I just remembered that I got a third class relic of St. Anthony of Padua during the parish festival. Someone brought in several little relics and trinkets and the book shop was asking for whatever donation you could provide since they couldn't sell them. I also found out that St. Anthony is not only the patron of lost things -- he is the patron of mail! So it's perfect! :)

[url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/english3/p02741.htm"]Novena to St. Anthony of Padua for 9 days[/url]

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351244091' post='2497883']
2 more days (including today) for the Novena to Our Lady, Undoer of Knots... and 8th day is up NOW!
[/quote]

:like:

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351244255' post='2497885']
We are a pair of sleepy night owls! Whoooo's prayin' for Phatmasss.... WE ARE!!!!!!
[/quote]

Actually, I just woke up about 30 minutes ago after sleeping since 9pm -- really DEEP sleep, too! :)

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351244439' post='2497887']
OK, your turn to take over the Prayer Rotation.... Soon to be bedtime for ME!!!! zzzzzzz
[/quote]

:hehe:

To Jesus Through Mary

Mercy- you ladies need to sleep more!! ;)

St. Anthony is one of my favorite saints and I invoke Mary under the title of the Undoer of Knots often. :) I know they are going to come through!! If you add saint Joseph, you basically have the dream team. ;)

Blessed&Grateful

Anthony is one of my favorites, he guards my front door (and I was just talking to someone about him so there is my nudge!) Dear Saint Anthony, I did not listen so many years ago, I wish I had but now there is someone who is listening with all her heart. Please intercede on Mater's behalf that she receive the letter today. :pray:

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351248789' post='2497890']
Mercy- you ladies need to sleep more!! ;)

St. Anthony is one of my favorite saints and I invoke Mary under the title of the Undoer of Knots often. :) I know they are going to come through!! If you add saint Joseph, you basically have the dream team. ;)
[/quote]

AnneLine certainly does! I was glad I got 8 hours of sleep last night because I really need to get housework done. I've gotten homework finished, praise God! :)

Saint Anthony,Saint Anthony PLEASE come around! Dear Mater is in need of receiving her important letter, and it is not to be found! Thank you! O;-)

[quote name='nikita92' timestamp='1351273858' post='2498000']
Saint Anthony,Saint Anthony PLEASE come around! Dear Mater is in need of receiving her important letter, and it is not to be found! Thank you! O;-)
[/quote]

Got the mail today and the letter was not in there. I was secretly hoping it would be.

Actually, Mater and I are on opposite parts of the country, I suspect... I DO go to bed late... and I guess she gets up early!

AnneLine's sleep schedule.... OK, here's the story. Back when I was in grad school, we lived across the street from a totally-out-of-control bar. Crazy patrons doing all sorts of things: noise, music, inappropriate behavior, illegal behavior... you can get the picture. (DON'T use your imaginations....) I was working half time, doing a 20 hour internship, running my Secular Order Community (I was president at that point, [i]o Lordy, please not again![/i]) AND holding down 19 units of counseling courses. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. However, sometimes that's what is on the menu, right? OK, so I would just get to sleep.... and the bar would errupt. We'd call the police, they'd quiet them down... I'd get back to sleep.... and then it would be closing time and they would ERRUPT again.... and then I had to get up 4 hours later for school.... While at school, I'd grab a nap. So without trying too hard, I ended up with what amounted to almost a Poor Clare sleep schedule.... blocks of sleep mixed with blocks of awake. And I found that frankly, as long as I could get those naps and awake times balanced... I felt FANTASTIC.

Irony is one night the Bar Guy complained LOUDLY to the police about me - "She Never Sleeps! She's Always Awake and COMPLAINING about me!!!" (The police, laughing, pointed out that if he would quiet down, maybe I'd get some sleep and stop complaining about him. ;) )

So I got used to a sleep period in the late afternoon or early evening, a sleep period between about 3 AM to 8 or 9 AM, and other naps as needed. And when I can I still keep to this schedule because it REALLY WORKS well for me -- I don't need as much sleep and I get a lot done -- and I have time with my husband with HIS odd work schedule.

And there is a reason it works -- it actually has a name -- it's called Polyphasic sleeping... basically, it is more like what a lot of animals do.... sleep when tired, then awake, then take a nap. :) (It's also how most parents survive the baby years!!!)

Here's a wikipedia article about it [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep[/url]

Generally it works pretty well... and you get a LOT of quiet time for working -- provided you don't have to follow the 'normal' schedule of most working people.....

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1351274613' post='2498005']

Got the mail today and the letter was not in there. I was secretly hoping it would be.
[/quote]

"SECRETLY hoping?" C'mon, it's no secret. LOL Of COURSE you were hoping! And, there's nothing wrong with that!!!! I think you've been great--you've been waiting awhile now!