An Old School Catholic Message Board

?'s Re: Sisters Of Mary, Mother Of The Church

inperpetuity

inperpetuity

Does anyone know how often these sisters have the EF of the Mass, and how often they have Mass in their convent or whether they have to go out? I can't access the search bar. Thanks.

TheresaThoma

HopefulBride/MessorCarus correct me if I am wrong. Hopeful you know more about this than I do.
They live at the retreat house for the time being so their "default" Mass is the retreat house Mass (which is lovely). Though they will have priests come and say Mass just for the community (they have a chapel upstairs that is just for the community) but that is not a regular thing. On Sundays they go to the cathedral for Mass.
From what I know they have the EF infrequently. From what I could tell they would like to have the EF more often but it just isn't available to them right now.
One of the Sisters says they have also attended a Byzantine Divine Liturgy a couple of times as well.

I hope this answers your question.

inperpetuity

This helps, thanks. I could not remember Hopefulbride's name because I haven't seen her here for awhile and I think she actually posted about that.

inperpetuity

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1349228767' post='2489445']
Hopeful is actually leaving very very soon! Pray for her!
[/quote]

Oh yes, I will pray for her.