An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poll: Discernment Rings

ToJesusMyHeart

Discernment Rings  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do have a discernment ring, I picked up from Stuebenville. It has trust engraved on it. It's too lose for my wedding ring finger, so I have to wear it on another finger. I also wear it with a chain sometimes on my neck, and I like to hold it when I fall asleep.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1350398575' post='2493942']
Where did you get yours??? It sounds so pretty!
[/quote]

From a company called, quite simply, Christian Jewelry. :)

I received a purity ring as a gift, even though I haven't taken the vow of poverty, God dislikes it when I spend too much money on myself. I take it off every night due to the fact that I'm worried it will be too hard to remove, and sometimes it is! It's a tight fit because I don't want it slipping off, especially during the winter season.

It's a silver band with Hope, Faith & love written in black cursive.

I wear a crucifix ring on my left ring finger. At first it wasn't discernment ring but now it has become that for me. Its funny I have had some women comment how much they love my ring and how they used to have one like it.

Strictlyinkblot

I have a plain silver band with 'I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine' engraved on it in Irish but its too tight. I haven't got round to having it resized yet.

Catholicterp7

I have a Claddagh ring. It started out as my purity ring that my parents got me for confirmation. I first wore it on my right ring finger but once I became serious about my discernment I switched it to my left ring finger. It's actually come in handy a few times with flirting guys. :)
My ring is extra special to me because when I first got it, it was blessed by the vocations director and a year or so later was touched to the tomb of Solanus Casey!
JMJ+ :heart:

Edited by Catholicterp7

Mine was given to me as a gift when I was twelve; it is plain silver with "Purity" engraved on it in black. It has the habit of turning about backwards, so that the words are hidden.
I've never had a real problem with flirty guys. Though, between it and my little godchild, it has led a few people to inquire if I am married.

Is there a wesite with discernment rings?

Not in and of itself. Try googling those two words. There is a Christian Jewelry website that has tons of different styles. What do you want your discerment ring to look like? A cross..a saying..proverb.. a dove (holy spirit).Gold..Silver..Fancy..Plain

• 2 weeks later...

I have a silver spinner ring that says "he loves me" with a cross inside a heart. I dont wear it on my ring finger because its to big. And yes it is my "discernment ring"

I'm thinking about getting a crucifix ring. I can't remember where I've seen it but I know that some Sisters have it as their profession ring (not mine as they do not wear profession rings). I hope to find one soon. I'll post it here when I find it again.

Actually, I just remembered I have a ring that I bought from a Christian store that says:

"And we know in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Ladies- I found a website that might interest you. IT IS www.c28.com They have a sterling silver cross ring - Flip w/ Dove it is 66$ As well as a sterling silver band that is inscribed " I am my beloved's, my beloved is mine" Check this site out , if you havent done so.

Ladies- I found a website that might interest you. IT IS www.c28.com They have a sterling silver cross ring - Flip w/ Dove it is 66$ As well as a sterling silver band that is inscribed " I am my beloved's, my beloved is mine" Check this site out , if you havent done so.